What are these?

It’s happened a few times already and at random. I’ll be composing a reply or just simply browsing a thread and I’ll get this…

or this…

Does anyone else have this happen, or am I just special?

9 Likes

It only happens to me when I have more than one tab open on the forums: If you started a message in one tab, it will block you from completing a post in another.

7 Likes

Never seen that on my end @TorturedZen. Good luck bro!

4 Likes

@TorturedZen I heavily use drafts, especially when posting reviews, and forget whether or not I finally POSTED, or if it was still in DRAFT or not. The second error, always happens to me when I get logged out, so I suspect you may have gotten bumped off/out. Shift/reload, relog should solve that, unless it’s an ON-going issue.

7 Likes

Happened to me this morning. And low and behold I had a couple of windows open on the same topic. Went back to read the OG post and wahm O.

5 Likes

I suppose this makes sense. But the only other tab I have open on the site is for the recipe side.

5 Likes

@TorturedZen the “tab” thing may be browser dependent, but not sure, as I typically have 4 open at the same time from ELR and no issues, cookies, or sessions yet. Is it still happening ?

5 Likes

Have done it twice in the last two days. Once a edit on to add a recipe upload and it wouldn’t complete the edit. Opened the page hours later and it posted twice. The next time it gave me a warning to close the page because I had another open. :rofl: That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hmmmmm, starting to wonder if it’s a server issue.

3 Likes

I think it more of human error on me.

4 Likes

I have had a couple in the last 2 weeks, only of the first error message though. Single tab open and simple reply posts.

Maybe server updates in the background?

6 Likes

I have tht happen quite a few times out of the blue… I’ve always got multiple tabs open…

4 Likes

If you have multiple windows open and on one of them you might tap the reply tab and go to another tab and do it again and it will give you that warning as you where already in the process of editing or reply. 1st is always priority. Its happened to me a few times when i end up with 4 windows on the forum

6 Likes

And just got the second message browsing on my phone.

5 Likes

Happened again just now.

All I was doing was “Liking” some posts. I have 1 other tab open on the recipe side, that’s it. The thing is I’ve been doing relatively the same routine for years. Why it’s happening now is I don’t know.

7 Likes

@TorturedZen I don’t know if Discourse uses cookies or sessions, but it would seem something is not 100% squared away on the server.

5 Likes

Indeed. How would Discourse play into this?

3 Likes

The forum software, and server side code.

3 Likes

Seriously, WTF??

I wasn’t fuckin doing anything except reading!

6 Likes

Ahhhh fuck @TorturedZen I forgot to tell you. Shit, my bad. “Due to the recent SURGE of Aggressive Reading” we had to implement some NEW safeguards.

8 Likes