What Are You Listening To? (Part III)

5 Likes

For nostalgics

4 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Well, a bit of punk from where I live, a group much admired in my house, revolutionary

2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

+

The Dark side of the

Wizard of Oz.
7 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

40M albums and counting…

3 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes

Seem to be on a blues kick at work this weekend.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for putting up the Corrs’ concert @ozo. You legend! I was born in Oz but the rest of the family tree on my father’s side goes back to the Mother Country (Ireland). My dear ol’ Ma’s from Scotland so a good (?) mix there. Just something in me that whenever I hear me some Irish music I just get all emotional. Man I’m nearly tearing up now writing this :cry: Yeah, the Corrs’ ain’t traditional but when ya get that fiddle, whistle and drum (bodhrán) sound happening well it’s almost the same. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!:+1:

4 Likes

No animals were harmed in the making of this…classic. heehee

6 Likes

My family is mainly Scots, but my Dad was an immigrant
from Scotland to Australia, via his parents.
I am dual citizenship AU and US, as my mum was American.
I have more family [alive] in OZ than I do in the US.

3 Likes

Nothing beats the Temple Bar Trad Fest…and a visit to Oliver St John Gogartys

Irish Trad fits in perfectly here in the Nashville area, especially with the Bluegrass
all through these hills. We even have some awesome hybrid Bluegrass/Irish Trad
bands that you would think had been here forever.
And if you think that is strange, my weapon of choice is a saxophone…bet you
never thought that could work in bluegrass OR Irish Trad, but we do it all the time.

Pub crawlin’ ? Try this one on, eh?

5 Likes

Nightwish (symphonic metal) - anything from the live gigs with Floor Jansen singing. Wacken 2013, Wembley 2016, are both good and Floor is a vocal marvel.
Listening to Steve Hackett playing some of the Genesis stuff as well (trying to learn Hairless Heart and Firth of Fifth).

3 Likes

Is this like the Coke vs Pepsi debate? I think not…
Tarja Turunen forever!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes