What Are You Listening To? (Part IV) 2020

awesome hey?
some talent right there.
How good is dave grohl?
josh homme
and john paul jones? damn :metal:
yeah bandoliers and spinning in daffodils are great songs, the whole show rocked

1 Like
5 Likes

john bonham
john henry bonham!

7 Likes

I knew Grohl, Jones and Homme but I never heard Alain Johannes. But man, heā€™s their secret weapon!

5 Likes

yeah he has quite a resume
like the other guys, he plays a bit of everything to
they are all very talented musoā€™s

3 Likes
8 Likes

Itā€™s hard to believe thats it was 40 yrs ago today that John Lennon was killed. There was no social media back then and I remember Howard Cosell breaking the news during the NFL Patriots vs Dolphins game :cry:

12 Likes

yep, 1980 was a shocker for the music world.
We lost, among others, bon scott, john bonham and john lennon
The first 2 were tragic but in a sense were largely self inflicted.
To lose an artist like lennon the way we did, gunned down by some lunatic was to much.
I can remember as a 15 y/o being shattered and holding vigil with friends for all three.

5 Likes
5 Likes

ian paice on the drums
YES!

Made in japan was an awesome album.
Actual footage of the made in japan 1972 tour is apparently hard to find so this is a mix of footage from other performances of child in time blended with the 72 live track.

same with highway star
this is a sync with highway star from the made in japan concert track with a copenhagen concert video footage

7 Likes

one of my favourite zep songs from the song remains the same album of the 1973 madison square garden concert
Not sure if its true but i read somewhere the great BB.King apparently once said the song ā€œSince ive been loving youā€, is possibly the greatest blues ever written, then paused and added ā€œby a white manā€ lol.
just cant get my head around plant working at seven eleven, lol

jimmy pageā€¦on guitar!

7 Likes

Unfortunately their only really good album. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s not the music, itā€™s the shitty producers they had. Machine Head for example, it sounds so analytic in a way. None of the magic of some of their live performances.

5 Likes

yeah i agree bro.
made in japan is really the only deep purple album i dug.
I like the odd song here and there on a few of the others but would rarely play the entire album.
Im a big live music fan though.
I liked rainbow much more.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I just donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me. Iā€™ve said it before (I think) but at my age I shouldnā€™t like this sort of music :crazy_face:. This sounds so good in the car driving home from work, especially turned up (very) loud or listening on headphones.

4 Likes

Music choice is not age dependent imo @Dardy. I am of an older persuasion and still like bass heavy music all the way from rap to club mixes. I also have very eclectic tastes in music which does get me some strange looksā€¦ lol.

5 Likes

lol, get some doof doof into ya.
Has to be loud though
Its all good, whatever floats your boat

4 Likes

Doof doof is good stuff with a decent subbieā€¦

5 Likes

I canā€™t dance to save my life but would seriously get up and dance to this if:

a) someone could show me the basics and
b) I could find somewhere here in West Aust (Perth) that held such occasions.

Love, love, love this stuff. Happy music and happy bodies movinā€™. Looks like a whole lotta fun :wink:.

7 Likes

Just make a trip to about anywhere in east Texas or Louisiana and enjoy some zydeco with sides of gumbo and some crawfish with cajun hot sauce. :laughing: Youā€™d love it.

6 Likes