What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

" The Band plays later."

RIP Robbie

7 Likes

I watched this movie with my uncle when I was a little kid, along with Mad Max.

8 Likes

The 80s iHeartRadio

Australia’s Ultimate 80s Station …

4 Likes
10 Likes

Been on a Producers kick the past few days. Interesting note: this (4th) album was recorded in 1989, right before the label dropped them and a few other acts. One thing led to another and it wasn’t released until 2001. I wasn’t aware of it until years after that and it became my favorite behind the debut. One has to wonder what could’ve been with a timely release.

4 Likes

While I watched the eclipse of 2017 from my back deck, I listened to a PF mix on random. I kid you not…at the moment of totality the lyrics, “But the sun is eclipsed by the moon” played from my laptop. I’ll never forget it, it was surreal. I think I even wept a little.
The next total eclipse is in 2045.

50 years. Wow! Fav band hands down. :new_moon:

11 Likes

As my duties are done for the day - I can finally relax with something simple.

3 Likes
7 Likes

I like it!!! First time hearing Bad Omens. I’ve been stuck on Heike Langson’s music lately. Kind of 80’s new wave meets modern progressive.

4 Likes

@McDuckie I just got turned onto them as well. Some of it’s just too techno for my tastes, and I wouldn’t call the drumming outstanding, BUT, the singer actually has some damn pipes, and goes from falsetto to full on screaming, so lot’s of respect for that. They do use a lot of samples/triggers, but some of the songs are fun. :slight_smile:

Checking out Softly Over now …

2 Likes

A tad more down my alley than your usual.

It reminds me of Cradle to Enslave with the reliance on female vocals. I still fondly remember a weekend discussing it at Gladstone’s library.

4 Likes

I do enjoy some Cradle of Filth on occasion. I especially enjoy when a band pairs angelic voices with a darker male metal voice. Like my all time favorite band Draconian. One of these years I’ll make it to Europe to see them live.

5 Likes

Another outlier when it comes to niche metal. They are glorious at creating a song on a single theme, with the result being matchingly narrow but containing all.

I’m now painting and pondering a blend with Nymphetamine as my guiding pixie.

2 Likes

5 Likes

oddly my playlist insisted on these two after:

The latter does require a ‘you’re going to burn in hell’ warning.

1 Like

My PC has gone completely none PC with insisting on filling my home with satire:

2 Likes
2 Likes
10 Likes

DAMMIT @Mark_Turner. You Sir, are ON a roll.

3 Likes

I have never seen that video before, I thought the blond female singer in that video was Liv Christine from the Norwegian band Theatre Of Tragedy. I had to look it up.

2 Likes