What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

Did they go to the crossroads with a cat bone, or opt for something more classical?

2 Likes

I forgot to include the song to such a specific musical reference:

https://youtu.be/Yd60nI4sa9A

5 Likes

A very old sentimental favourite of mine with memories of smooching on the dance floor :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
https://youtu.be/nrzusdilnKQ

8 Likes

Hearing Tommy sing after such a long time is triggering memories.

3 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden got me revisiting classics and, my old ringtone came to mind: The glorious And the Same to You by Dudley Moore.

5 Likes

He was an incredible talent.

4 Likes

I just loved how good he was live …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYy0in1QNrU

5 Likes

Heehee, no I don’t know Bam Bam. Sorry for the misconception. Does @Stankhammer play a horn? Someone here plays tenor sax! I must be losing it.

2 Likes

Oh, I just love this hauntingly beautiful song. It does something to me. Like an instant transport into the 1950s. Gives me chills.

4 Likes

One of my essential pastimes is listening to solfeggio compositions. It took many hours of research to find what I consider authentic, heartfelt and honest works. Pierre Ynad is one composer who sits at the top of that list, imo. Here is one I chose for tonight, a 111Hz composition. If anything, it should help you relax and fall asleep (and stay asleep) when you let it play continuously. Waking up to these beautiful vibrations is a whole lot better than an alarm clock. He offers up to 11 hrs of playtime and black screen in some recordings.

6 Likes

@SquirrelSmash, Dudley Moore was a very talented pianist. Nice share Sir, thank you.

3 Likes

@muth, funnily enough I thought of you when I posted it and that you might like it. :thinking:

4 Likes

Things that go bump in the night! Seriously, I get the feeling that we are all starting to connect on levels we don’t understand yet. Thank you, James, for connecting that for me.

ETA: I inserted the word “all” because I didn’t want people to think I meant you and I were in some kind of exclusive rapport, lol.

3 Likes

You guys should knock boots

4 Likes

I got my SleepPhones already! I just ordered them day before yesterday. The sound is gorgeous. I was tempted to go with the less expensive ones but heard lousy reviews about the sound quality. They really are comfortable enough for side sleepers. I got the wireless ones with bluetooth. Took a webcam shot…it’s just like wearing a regular headband.

SleepPhones

13 Likes

You’ve got a great smile, hope you’re listening to Hoobastank

3 Likes

@muth I’d never heard of them, are they white noise, or noise cancelling ?

4 Likes

I’ve just noticed the time and it’s stupid o’clock here in the U.K. so I shall bid you all a good night. Lovely photo of you by the way @muth, I hope you enjoy your new sleep phones.

5 Likes

Teehee, no but they’re a good band. Thx for the compliment on my smile. Growing up I never smiled. One day I visited my best friend’s mother on her deathbed and she said that she immediately recognized me because of my beautiful smile. I was taken aback. That woman’s last words to me changed my life. I gained the confidence to smile after that and realized that my smile could even make other people happy. I wish I could tell her that.

7 Likes

All of the above. They can do all the noises from white, pink, gray blue…they also make ones that do ASMR. You could call them noise cancelling but because they’re made for comfort with a fabric headband they can’t really fit tightly enough on your ears to block out all sound. Mine serve as regular audio phones for music listening or other sounds. They have free downloads on their website of all sorts of sleep inducing sounds and binaural beats, etc. Some come with a mic. Their website explains it better than me. I do remember reading a review on an audiophile site that compared the sound to a pair of expensive Bose earbuds. As a gift to myself, I’m happy so far. If I get tired of the headband, I can remove the flat speakers and place them under my pillow case.

4 Likes