What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

This is another exceptional one. When it comes to this song, I sometimes find it hard not to hear one of the many One Song to the Tune of Another versions of it on I’m Sorry I Don’t Have a Clue.

I’ll see if I can find recordings of them but, listening to I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat to the tune of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah! and The Laughing Policeman to the tune of Tina Turner’s Simply the Best should give you an idea of how brilliantly mental it is.

6 Likes

Not got it yet but this one was rather fitting: Hurt to the tune of Singing in the Rain.

5 Likes

It was also the final song for the last scene in the last episode one season for ‘The Blacklist’. It was so well done all I could do was sit in utter awe.

To set it up, the two in the backseat are both shot up and near death. Red, the dude wearing the hat, has found them and gotten them to a car.

5 Likes

Minus Nancy but that voice carries her… :heart:

8 Likes

Simply stunning!

4 Likes

Nailed it @mew.

5 Likes

I get this “calling” to go there every now and again and I think it’s that time again.

9 Likes

In my opinion she is one of the best (if not the best) female rock vocalists of all time. And one of the top 10 rock voices, male or female. Ann Wilson is a force of nature whose voice has gotten better as she got older. Incredible !!

5 Likes

This morning, I was listening to a Spotify playlist on my phone, then put it on pause. Later this evening, I started it back on my desktop and then noticed that the song titles show up on the phone. Pretty cool - I don’t have to switch over to the Spotify tab to see what’s rocking :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The ambience of this one dragged an odd recording to mind: Moby and the only man who could beat him in a silly name competition.

6 Likes

I was asked what my vocal exercises were before a class, meeting or copy read. It’s a bit of a traditional choice:

6 Likes
8 Likes

“I really need the 50 bucks, you know, I gotta get home”
“Yeah, I know, your father is waiting for you in the tool shed”

Classic album :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve always preferred to just appreciate his apartment in general:

2 Likes

Mr Bean!! That interview with John Elton is hilarious :wink:

4 Likes

Mr. Bean is he what he is known internationally: Due to that role.

For Brits, he is regarded as a living legend when it comes to timing, parody and representing the invisible character (Like Nile’s wife in Frasier):

This schoolmaster one is on the same level for invisible characters:

4 Likes

Too short “I ain’t trippin”
Ladycrooks is in Canada …stuck in 1991

4 Likes

Homogenize, decentralize
It’s just a quirk…

7 Likes

Mystery - Is This How the Story Ends?

4 Likes

It’s summertime, which means a flash drive full of Buffett in the jalopy :sunglasses:

5 Likes