What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

May she R.I.P. Great singer.

8 Likes

New song. Love these guys!!!

9 Likes

Showing my age, but the first concert I ever went to was Ike & Tina Turner at a FSU homecoming pow-wow. I think I was going on 9yo. First time I got high too. Just from the fumes :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Remembering Chester …

7 Likes

Oddly (Maybe I should say ‘normally for me’), it was a day when scatological matters came up a lot. After explaining to others who became rather red-faced, I reminded them that Scatman isn’t linked to the aforementioned predilection so we can still rejoice in that:

7 Likes

A local band…

6 Likes

Loved it, though I found it hard to ignore Techno Viking vibes:

5 Likes
2 Likes

You need some milk for your honey:

4 Likes

Which band are you listening to?

Oh, and welcome to the forums. We have had a problem with bot accounts of late, so we’d appreciate it if you introduce yourself:

7 Likes

I’ve been prepping Mrs. Squirrel for watching Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. Oddly satirical covers and parody don’t tend to be included in the Chinese educational system.

And, as I have included a parody of ‘Happy’, then I must include Gave Gorman’s breakdown of the traditional and Pharrel ones:

10 Likes

I’m listening to one of my playlists.

As the loss of others is on my mind, I am starting here (when we formed a group decades ago, most decided to join the 27 Club in their excess, or ‘checkout’ - resulting in me and a Czech Satanic artist left as the only ones left standing).

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

P!nk looking her damned finest ever.

3 Likes

What an outstanding music video. Such raw emotion from both the song and the visuals. The first time I saw it I was speechless. One of the few times a “cover” is mind blowing.

I had a similar reaction to seeing “Sound of Silence” from Disturbed on Conan.

9 Likes