What Are You Listening To? (Part VI) 2022/23

I think a ‘trebanner’ could be a good new term:

We have the first syllable indicating that it relates to trees, ‘bann’ to relate to headbanging. Dropping an ‘e’ and ‘d’ shows a link to the assumed relief ‘trepanning’ gave to them, and, the suffix ‘er’ shows that this is a noun derivation relating to someone who engages in such things.

I get baffled when people pay millions for shit marketing when I can top them while concentrating on other things.

3 Likes

you’re so bright…bet your parents call you sun.
Just yanking your chain my friend. :laughing:

1 Like

I know. Keeping them amused is a pointless task.

And, getting you embracing anything ‘Yank’ is not believable.

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Well, I was loving the first minute and then the record seemed to start skipping.

3 Likes

This actually triggered this song in my mind. I can only conclude that both were filed under songs related to alleged hauntings:

4 Likes

That song triggered this one…

5 Likes

Love this! Part of my favorite playlist

7 Likes

FUNK!

4 Likes

@TimWV now you are talking !!!

I learned, and have played almost every song on that album countless times.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer

Me too…. On the stereo :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

5 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve gotten about half way through, my wife said turn it down. Can’t be watched at low volume will return to it later lol

10 Likes

" The Band plays later."

RIP Robbie

7 Likes

I watched this movie with my uncle when I was a little kid, along with Mad Max.

8 Likes

The 80s iHeartRadio

Australia’s Ultimate 80s Station …

4 Likes
10 Likes

Been on a Producers kick the past few days. Interesting note: this (4th) album was recorded in 1989, right before the label dropped them and a few other acts. One thing led to another and it wasn’t released until 2001. I wasn’t aware of it until years after that and it became my favorite behind the debut. One has to wonder what could’ve been with a timely release.

4 Likes

While I watched the eclipse of 2017 from my back deck, I listened to a PF mix on random. I kid you not…at the moment of totality the lyrics, “But the sun is eclipsed by the moon” played from my laptop. I’ll never forget it, it was surreal. I think I even wept a little.
The next total eclipse is in 2045.

50 years. Wow! Fav band hands down. :new_moon:

11 Likes