What are you thinking about the certification of a battery?

Here are few certifications from tesiyibattery.com. And it is allowed to download. It seems that they are important to a battery manufature.

1 Like

I don’t know if the UL stamp means they are safe to use or simply UL got paid and will now allow them to stamp UL approved on every battery.
I would love to know exactly what the UL mark does stand for.
I think we all want a safer more efficient battery.

3 Likes

If it has a UL label it means they tested it enough to know it wont blow up. I’m really good with the idea of their certifications.

3 Likes

UL certification helps ensure safety for consumers when it comes to electrical or power supply products. And I must also add, these UL certification do not come cheap(I know because I deal with working with compliance and standards). In this case, UL standard verification and validation would ensure that the product will not be a potential hazard under circumstances for which it is used for, for the consumer. So you can happily use it, without any stress.

4 Likes

UL is Underwriters Laboratories, an independent safety science company. I think they have four or five classifications. Whether they can be bought off like so many others is unknown to me.
If you have a medical lab, scientific research center, etc. and you wish to get grants or gov’t funding, your equipment will have to be UL approved and stamped as such. Even states require it for hospitals, colleges, etc. just to get licensing. USA Canada Australia require all small appliances to be UL listed…even things as simple as extension cords.

1 Like

UL certificate means the battery won’t cause vent or explosive under proper using