What are you watching? (2020/2021)

I’m rewatching Survivor and The Americans on Prime. I’ve run out of stuff to watch! :rofl:

3 Likes

All 4 seasons ??? I hope he gets bebenebr ( spelled wrong ) back next season …hoping there is one , have you watcjed Tudors ??? A bit old but good. I also like the Medici and Borgia

2 Likes

It was a bit out there right

1 Like

Finally something to check out …ty

2 Likes

Watching now…hilarious!

3 Likes

Just watched John Oliver’s latest on the postal service after seeing your post. I have to confess that I lean towards being a Libertarian, however I think that some form of government is essential for a healthy society. It should just be as small as necessary. I totally agree with his views on the postal service. They are trying their best to privatise it here in the UK, where interestingly, they still provide a savings account (or at least I think they do. I’ll have to check on that). Being able to communicate with other people is an essential part of life and therefore should be available to everyone. Same with all essential things. Perhaps they should employ Kevin Costner. I hear that he used to be a postman. Oh, and I had a very dark time about 2 years ago, and ended up doing Breaking Bad from start to finish, in just a few days, and I’d never seen it before . Loved it. I remembered Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the middle, which my son used to watch. I always rated his acting very highly, and he didn’t disappoint.

3 Likes

I don’t remember giving you permission to take pictures of my garden. God, isn’t it beautiful. What often brings a rather dark, smile to my face, is when I think of the atolls in the med. Possibly the most beautiful places on earth. And what do we do? Nuke 'em!

2 Likes

I can’t watch these things. They break my heart.

2 Likes

Even though I struggle to believe in any supernatural stuff(I tend to think it’s just natural stuff we haven’t figured out yet) The Exorcist gets me everytime. It’s a truly, superbly crafted, horror movie.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I want a T shirt with “S=k log W, and a picture of me as a young man underneath, as proof!” Bloody entropy.

2 Likes

Another one on Netflix that surprised us. Still watching …

3 Likes

Interesting. I’ll have to check it out. I know a con man in real life who meets woman online, marries then bankrupts them. Last I knew he was on wife 9 or 10. He was also involved in fake money orders, scam letters and investor websites.
Sadly nothing could be done for the women he bankrupted but I managed to get all his websites shut down, lose his job where he moved to because he was using their office computers to scam more people, kicked out of a huge church that he went to because they had an investor program for his nonexistant invention and then let his new bride know what she married. I was a thorn in his side for quite awhile but he learned you don’t mess with people I love.
Now you know what I do in my spare time besides binge watch Netflix. LOL

5 Likes

I finished the 4th season on Saturday. I have to admit - the way Alexander Dreymon’s accent morphed over the past 2 seasons got on my last nerve! By the 4th season he sounded like he was on Vikings, not The Last Kingdom. I see no benefit in him doing that and in fact it distracted from the show as I had to constantly turn on/off the subtitles due to not understanding shit he said sometimes. But that won’t prevent me from binging on season 5 if they have one! :wink:

Tudors. Yes indeed. I very much loved that one. Haven’t seen Medici or Borgia, but I’ll make a point to.

Wifey watched Reign. I saw a bit of it, but it seemed more chick-flicky so that kind of dissuaded me, even though the time period of the work is my shit. I even liked The Other Bolyen Girl better. You think I should give Reign another go?

2 Likes

Lmao…i did as well bc of the time it was set in…Very much a chick flick but i liked it lmao…Reign had a lot extea drama. I did like the Movie Mary Queen of Scots it was a different take on Mary Stuart

3 Likes

If anyone is into period pieces, specifically ancient Roman, see if you can find “I, Claudius”. It was an excellent series by (I think) the BBC back in the 80’s (I think). It isn’t on Prime or Netflix, but you may find it on the Cinema app or torrents. It was very well done and the acting was top notch. I’ve watched it maybe 6 or 7 times over the years.

There was also HBO’s Rome which was excellent as well.

6 Likes

Yes…i like that one , some of these shows I wish would continue on

3 Likes

HBO’s Rome IMO is one of the best shows ever among with Band of Brothers, Wire…

3 Likes

Y’all might like this. We really enjoyed it.

Rise of Empires: Ottoman (TV Mini-Series 2020)

4 Likes

thanks for recommending “I, Claudius” excellent show!

I don’t want it to end. Last season…
8 Likes