What are you watching? 2022/23

Ran across a 1 season series that I really enjoyed. It’s called For Heaven’s Sake. About a guy (with the last name Heaven) that disappeared without a trace in northern Ontario, in 1934. Local police couldn’t come up with anything, in their investigation. His disappearance became a family campfire story over the years. It was never solved. Heaven’s great nephew decided to do do his own investigation, along with a friend. It was a really interesting, and well done story.

I watched it on Paramount+. Not sure if it’s on other services.

10 Likes

Nice, thanks for the tip. Sounds interesting.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks for posting this.
Love to have that Bentley .

5 Likes

We are fans of Alone. Sure some of the seasons suck and it is overly dramatic at times but overall it is a pretty good show.

Now they are doing two “spinoffs”. Sadly they are bringing back a couple morons but it should be fun watching them fail all over again.

5 Likes

I recenly watched a few episodes of “Snowflake Mountain” on Netflix. Not a spinoff, but a light version of Alone with a bunch of spoilt millenials who were told they go to a beach club or something. Ranges from funny to painful, with more painful moments. Couldn’t watch any more after 3 episodes.

6 Likes

I know exactly what you mean, my body reacted when i read it, hehe.

Im going through The Boys again, so violent and quite gross at times but i absolutely love the idea of super heroes just being real people. This is probably the 5th time now but i was at my folks today and got my mom hooked, we watched 3 eps so i cant stop now!

6 Likes

https://youtu.be/uwQp-mLD3oc

3 Likes

Anyone watch Motherland?

Ive run out of things to watch so i am shopping around.

2 Likes

I tried but it didn’t do much for me.

3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

A good old Red Wings - Blackhawks rivalry

7 Likes
7 Likes

I love a good tomato sauce, having a super thick layer is more appealing to me. Sadly everyone does this pan crust style, nothing too crazy… Would like to give chicago style a shot though, all I have is a cast iron dutch oven though.

7 Likes

I like a good tomato sauce too, as long as it’s in balance with the other ingredients. The Chicago style appears to be on the verge of lasagna with a dough base. Not that that is a bad thing, love a good lasagna. Might be a great combo. I’ve never had a Chicago style either. Seems like every region / metro area is jumping on the ‘insert city name style’ bandwagon.

6 Likes

Looks delicious! It’s funny, pizza was my favorite food since i was a kid, been probably in 200 different pizzerias in probably 25+ countries, but i don’t remember i ever had this upside down pizza (sauce on top). Now i really want to try this. Yummy.

5 Likes

Yeah, you guys do it way different than us from what I’ve seen on youtube… Sadly no fresh places exist here anymore, just large chains. But there was one that made this dough with air pockets and shit, real rustic looking like what you’d see over there. Shit man that was good, I’d get one in particular with Feta, Olives, Red Onion and something else, they also asked how much sauce you wanted and I’d tell them to go heavy… It was the best shit ever, pretty pricey even back when I was making good coin.

5 Likes

Lots of local places closed down now, in town… There’s a few I support, like the Shawarma place in town, this stuff blows my mind how good it is. Used to get a large container with some yellowish rice and a shit load of beef or chicken shawarma on top, fresh garlic and tzatziki with a medium sized container with a Salad with fresh dressing… Now it’s all in one container and costs little more than the previous serving size.

3 Likes

Seen “Street Food: USA” on Netflix yet?

5 Likes