What are your current experiments?

Bless you D-man for taking all this time with me. Once I get this designated freezer, I will very rarely open it since I keep a 8 oz bottle of nic in my fridge to use up first. My worry now is that my hubby might keep his sushi in there, LOL. The reviews talks about sushi storage, so shhhh, don’t give my hubby any ideas.

4 Likes
2 Likes

3 Likes

I used to be a die hard down hill skiier, lol. I remember skiing during -15F, so I can just imagine.

3 Likes

I read that and plan on setting the freezer at the lowest setting.

3 Likes

Well honestly, the one you picked would work fine. If the one you picked goes down to 0, or -10F, who’s to say the any reaction, or chemical breakdown would be any different than the freezers I have. The different might be so slight, might not even be worth mentioning.

I did talk to one of the chemists at Nude Nic years ago about how THEY stored THEIR NIC, and he just said it was in deep Cryo, hehe. Colder is better, BUT, how MUCH ??

That’s the question. Hell, I have to pay to RUN those little bastards all year long, every year, so who’s to say the BEST way @KC111.

For me, it was all about protecting, or extending my investment.

3 Likes

From that article @KC111

The fact of the matter is I don’t know exactly how cold it got at my house today.

The mercury thermometer on our porch only goes down to -30 degrees Fahrenheit (-34.4 Celsius). The digital thermometer in our backyard weather station bottoms out at -40 Fahrenheit (-40 Celsius).

For roughly two hours on Wednesday this thermometer registered -40.0, even, as the actual air temperature descended below that level to depths unknown.

What I do know, however, is that beyond a certain point the only thing you feel outside is pain.

3 Likes

I read the article. You do live in DE, so I imagine you are cold about 8 months a year. Last time I went to DE was in the summer.

3 Likes

I hope you are well stocked on heating oil, it is supposed to really take a bite out of expenses this year.

3 Likes

It’s not soo bad here, only really cold for a few months, then we scrape the ice off the pool cover, and open the pool !!!

I’m lucky that we’re on nat gas, so out of the 3 (oil, propane, nat gas) the increase was the least of the three. I have a lot of friends, co-workers, etc., who ARE on oil, and things are getting mighty expensive for them.

3 Likes

But LNG, among with oil, is now being forced out even though we have plenty of it underneath our feet. Do you know of ANYONE that can justify buying oil from Venezuela over our own when their oil is so much dirtier?
I have to go, thank you Dman for putting up with me.

3 Likes

I got the 20% nic from HiLIQ today. That was quick for a none Fed Ex delivery.

3 Likes

Saw my name posted here so I figured I would respond. All of my nic (stored in a shared freezer which is a no frost one and probably runs through a small defrost period once a day) is fine, primo in fact. I recently opened one of the plastic liters I had in storage from Nic River (Supply/whatever) and it too is clear and tasteless. I didn’t tritrate it, but I am sure it is fine. Some of my oldest nic is from 2015 (48mg per ml / from when I first started DIY), it is stored in glass Boston rounds with no Argon and it too is clear and tasteless, still - I never did get a dedicated freezer …all in all I am just thankful that during Hurricane Ian we didn’t lose power for more than 5 or 6 hours - Actually I am happier that my house is still here.

6 Likes

Great nicotine - I had a sample from them once and it was very good. It’s a lot pricier now then when I was still stocking up…but great that there are still options out there!

4 Likes

Now I am wishing I ordered the liter instead of 2 x 250mg, lol.

3 Likes

You are truly blessed, I saw the horrible aftermath.

4 Likes

@KC111 I think I’m on either my second or third “Operational Delay” email from them at this point.

1 Like

I hope you ask for a shipping refund or at least a hefty discount. This has become such a joke.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to have to contact them. So the FREE shipping orders arrived, but the PAID one didn’t ??

2 Likes

Exactly! Bizarro world, eh?

2 Likes