What are your current experiments?

I threw this together yesterday…it’s not a brainstorm or anything, but since Noted on Monday is chocolate strawberry, and we have all of 3 to go over, I made this

8 Likes

And something a little more layered, like milk chocolate, dark chocolate and a bright vibrant strawberry mixed in a creamy vanilla swirl. I’ve had the ultimates for a while, I hadn’t tried yet, plus the omega. The only one I haven’t tried is ultimate watermelon.

8 Likes

All the VSO Raw flavors and I have none.
Guess more shopping around Christmas.

4 Likes

Did you nail the recipe in the meantime?

2 Likes

Thanks for the recipes. I won’t miss the show, but… why ''Strawberry Chocolate'' week if you then use separate SB + Chocolate flavors?

(personally i think it’s going too narrow at times; hardly anyone uses any ‘‘SB-Chocolate’’ flavor (it means there’s no audience for this); it would make more sense to have a single ‘‘Chocolate & Fruit’’ week with 15 flavors hardly anyone is using, than to have ‘‘SB-Chocolate’’ and then ‘‘Banana-Chocolate’’ and then ‘‘Raspberry-Chocolate’’ week and then…acai and orange and who knows what else with 3-5 flavors each week).

4 Likes

I think there’s all of 3 chocolate strawberries, I have 2. Ooo and NF. I’ll be a recipe week for sure. Not many recipes for either, and the ones there are Have other chocolates I don’t have, main one being double chocolate clear. Definitely a better build your own flavor.

3 Likes

You can use the regular ones instead of raws. I don’t have sb raw for some reason, so I used regular. I don’t really ever vape chocolate, but these came out decent. Been on them all day.

4 Likes

That’s what i meant. Why making a 3-4 flavor Noted show (with flavors noone is using; meaning it will all be over in 3 minutes talk about flavors) like SB-Chocolate instead of making an any-Fruit-Chocolate flavors week which would be way more interesting to watch (25+ minutes of flavor reviews)?

3 Likes

Well, I love their Blueberry and Blackberry.
I was going to try the raw versions of those.
I was thinking about getting the Strawberry but I have so damn many Strawberries already so I’ll hold off on that one for a bit.
Good job on Noted also.

3 Likes

Having just got back into diy’ing after a long layoff, I’m tinkering with the idea of a strawberry/banana cheesecake. I’m playing off of @Ken_O_Where 's Strawnana Custard and Wayne Walker’s cheesecake stone base. Just waiting for an order from Bull City and I’m off to mixing again!

8 Likes

Looks good.
I may mix a sampler of this this afternoon to see how it turns out.

5 Likes

People on Reddit get to choose the episodes. That’s definitely a good idea though to have added all the chocolate fruits. I’ll mention it today. Next week is avocado lol There’s some fun ones coming up after that though !

5 Likes

Lynda, just to make sure; this was not a critique; more like something to think about. Your shows are very good and not to be missed; it’s just this one little thing - whoever is choosing FOTW should be more thoughtful to not narrow them down to 3 or 6 flavors only unnecessarily (that it doesn’t end up talking about flavor reviews for 10 min only; because this is what Noted is/was about; talking primarily about flavors, not recipes; recipes as a bonus, not the prime subject).

6 Likes

Please do and let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

Mixed it up. Had to use INW Yes we Cheesecake.
Didn’t have TFA.
Tastes good on the knuckle.
The Sweet Strawberry is very prominent now.
We’ll see what happens after it steeps for a day

5 Likes

Oh I know! This is something that we are addressing and have been taking about. Since I’ve been on I think this is a first. Usually on shows with less than 10 flavors we do recipes. Most of our recipe weeks have been turned into new flavor of the 1/4. Theres so many this time around we have split the NFF into 2 episodes .I totally get what you’re saying. Avocado is next week, again, not many of them that are easily obtainable unless you do a deep dive. We (I’m speaking for everyone) appreciate all feedback!

6 Likes

Same one that I have also, and yes, little bit of ice (not a big deal) Other than that, it’s been doing just fine

4 Likes

Thank you for your input, that is good info to know.

3 Likes

Just checked today. It’s ok but IMO it needs more cheesecake but it does need more steep time with the cream.
Good luck with it

2 Likes

原宿はちみつプリン
Harajuku hachimitsu purin (Harajuku honey pudding)

10 Likes