What are your favorite Mods?

Please let me know best Budget Mods, best bang for buck mods and most popular mods.

Thank you

1 Like

Hcigar DNA 200
Snow Wolf
IPV3 Li
Upgraded IPV4
Smok exCube 2 when it’s working
eVic VT60w TC

2 Likes

Hcigar Vt200 DNA200
eVic VTC Mini
IPV 4S
eVic VT 60W

2 Likes

Top of the list: Eleaf iStick 40W TC
followed by any mod with a built in battery that’s more cost effective than FT site.

A couple people came down hard on the Hcigar. Have you posted your thoughts?

1 Like

I didn’t… Was that in the which DNA200 to buy thread?

1 Like

what exactly does the dna200 stand for?

1 Like

the wattage is 200? Is this considered the best wattage?

1 Like

Good question…no idea. But this is next-level vaping. It’s the creme dela creme of temperature control.

The DNA 200 is a power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter for personal vaporizers. It features Evolv’s patented Wattage Control, Temperature Protection, Preheat, OLED Screen, and waterproof onboard buttons. The USB port and Evolv’s EScribe software can be used to customize or monitor the user experience.

http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf

These are not budget mods by any stretch. US Manufactured ones are selling for $200+
Ones made in China are running $170 US.

If you find temperature control (TC) intriguing, I would personally suggest one of two routes. If you only want to see if it’s something you are interested in at the cheapest price possible, in my opinion you will get the best look at it for the cheapest price by getting the Joyetech eVic VTC Mini. It’s uses a single 18650 battery and I feel it is superior in performance to all others in its class. Or, if you feel like TC is definitely something you want and you would like to go straight for the best, then a DNA 200 mod would be it.

If you’re not interested in TC, then just bear with it and I’m sure others will be chiming in soon. I’m done with straight power devices and going only for TC mods myself :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, that was it. I’ve read a couple negative comments on the Hcigar on another site also. People are entitled to their opinions. I have yet to find any negatives for it myself. They are the best mods in my collection so far. I think it will be a little hard comparing the functionality of the DNA 200 mods because they all run the same chip. So any comparison would be with build quality, design and battery life. My Hcigar feels like a solid mod and has surpassed my expectations. These are some next level TCMs and I couldn’t be happier with my purchases.

I’m on board with that.
There is one other TCM that has aroused my curiosity. I’d like to hear more about it before I crossover to strictly DNA TCMs

The Hohm Wrecker

1 Like

I think one of the best budget mods today is the e vic mini. A single 18650 with tc and upgradable.

1 Like

I’m with you there. I’m very satisfied with my Hcigar Vt200 - Not one bad thing to say about it :slight_smile: Oh, by the way, the OBS Crius comes with a tiny screwdriver that opens the Hcigar case :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I tried a couple of hex wrenches but they didn’t work.