What Battery Chargers

Are you guys rockin?!

Amazon has a million different choices- and the search on the forum yielded results from like 2017…

I have a 4 port/slot charger now- and 1 of the ports broke, so it’s time for a new one!!

Thanks in advance crew.

-D

6 Likes

What I know, there are 3 of “the best”

Xtar dragon plus
Opus bt c3100 v2.2
Gyrfalcon (apparently, any gyrfalcon charger are good)

8 Likes

Agreed.

I’ve used (still use actually) both the xtar dragon (VP4 Plus) and the Opus v2.2.

Got almost 4 years on the first Opus, bought the dragon when the LCD finally gave out, and then picked up a couple more v2.2’s on sale. Going on 2+ years on the dragon so far.

9 Likes

Got both the Opus V2.2 and the VP4 Plus Dragon, love 'em both. Had the Dragon about 2 yrs before the Opus and it works almost perfect. The case halves are loose and sometimes the batteries don’t make good contact. Probably a loose screw (not me, the case). I was primarily a Nitecore user but both of these models do so much more than a simple charge.

7 Likes

I still am. As I travel a lot (well I did before Covid), I’d always have a Nitecore i4 with me. Mainly as they’re cheap, reliable and light. Though it must be noted that you have to be careful to avoid tears when charging 21700/20700s.

6 Likes

I run two of these now @D.Sims, and it charges everything from AAA, up to 21700’s with no issues.

4 Likes

You might provide info on what you are looking for in a charger.

Here is some things to consider.

• Do you want a charger that does everything plus some
  • Do you want inexpensive and simple to use?
  • need Fast charge
  • independent channels
  • seperate channel displays
  • no display at all
  • need a USB output?
  • power converter included?
  • US or European plug or maybe both?
  • need portability?
  • Fan or no fan(fan noise with fan but protects charger by cooling it)
  • electronic beeps or alarms?(some cannot be silenced)
  • shows batteries internal resistance
  • computes capacity
5 Likes

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with this…

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R88TMZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_glt_fabc_JZBDHESYTFEXQVXY7DS4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My intention is just basic battery charging for my Mod. Holy hell with all the bells and whistles on some of these units… lol

Thanks again!!!

5 Likes

I have two xtar chargers one is the VP4 which I have had for about four years and it’s as good as the day I bought it, the more recent one is the VC8 which is their eight bay charger and is also very good. What I like about xtar is that their chargers don’t seem to get hot like the Nitecore ones do.

7 Likes