What Can I Make is Down

Since we’ve had a lot of people asking about this lately, I thought an announcement was in order.

Yes, the What Can I Make feature is currently disabled. According to our fearless leader:

Temporarily disabled

We’re very sorry, but we have discovered an issue with this feature.

We will bring it back in the future, when we have fixed the issue.

A while ago I did some upgrades on the server, and after that “What can I make” started acting strange. I did some analysis on it, but it didn’t reveal what the problem was, so I have temporarily disabled it, until I figure out what the problem is. I haven’t had time to work on it much.

Pease be patient while the issue is handled. In the meantime, you can still search recipes as well as search by stash.

14 Likes

I’ve had a few more looks and done some experiments. Unfortunately it didn’t reveal what has happened.

At this point, I am thinking about doing an upgrade to ELR and investing in a separate database server. I am still mulling it over though! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Sounds like we should do a fundraiser, any one have any ideas about what we could do?

8 Likes

Thank you all, for all your efforts!

4 Likes

I would be willing to donate to the cause.

8 Likes

i would be willing to donate too.

7 Likes

yes sir i hope @daath will ask or set one up when he decides to do this im in just let us know lars

4 Likes

There used to be a “Donate” link on the recipe side…for the life of me, I can’t see/find it now. @daath ?

3 Likes

It’s at the bottom of your “My Recipes and Favorites” page but if you’ve donated before it is collapsed by default.

5 Likes

OK that’s why I didn’t see it. Thanks sis.

5 Likes