What Coil Build do you prefer?

I don’t get to exotic with my builds as long as their subohm and do the job.

I did rebuild an Aspire head today for the first time. Was pretty easy and saved me $4

3 Likes

Can we talk a second about “heat flux”. What number are we trying to achieve, and what are the minimums and maximums.

1 Like

How is the heat up time compared to kanthal? I vape around 0.25-0.4Ω and I can complete my pull in about 2 seconds if not shorter on the 24g kanthal. I did get some 26g nichrome and I read all the rave one can read about and it just wasn’t there for me. I still have about 90ft in my vape box just sitting there. I’ve read a lot about gplat and I understand its 317L SS welding wire and 316L is the same just a slight different compound makeup. Either way, I have still yet to try it because of its price. If I can find it, I’d like it to be in 24 guage.

2 Likes

I cant speak on 24g but the 26g ramps up very quick. Here is 12 meters (appx 40 feet) of 24g for 11 dollars. 316:L is surgical steel. Hope that helps!

Coil building for me is just a hobby. More like a learning thing. But I have noticed that some builds does have an effect on flavor and vapor production. Not all good though :weary: . But this last build gives me the best of both worlds. :+1:

2 Likes

You have way more patience than i do, hehe. My use of single coils is a combination of being lazy, flavor and the ability to add more juice to my RDA’s. Nicely done!

2 Likes

The 24g should ramp up a little slower just like my 24g kanthal. Thanks for the link, I will give it a go after all of the rave I have been seeing :smile:

2 Likes

Yep, just a bit slower. I like 316L quite a bit, it is very malleable. One thing to keep in mind, as it is SS it isnt magnetic at all. Hope you enjoy as much as i do.

FYI, i think Haywire, some expensive gimmicky name, is 316L.

Once I get some in, I will be back to let you know how I actually like it.

If it isn’t expensive, why would a consumer buy it? :laughing:

2 Likes

All the years back in Voc-Tech I spent welding with 316L and 317L and I never knew I’d be in need of it LoL !!
Nichrome 80 is good for sub building but it’s very soft and you got to get used to the feel of it… I’d go with 22 or 24 Guage and you’ll see that it’s a nice change up…
I am very eager to get Kanthal AE !! I’ve heard many great things and now I just got to wait for it to make its way over from China LoL !! I’m not really sure why it hasn’t been offered by places in the states or why temco doesn’t carry it ?? I guess I’ll See if it’s worth the wait… :wink:

1 Like

I have a new favorite coil build. Earlier today I built a vertical quad coil set up on a 5 post Stillare RDA and the vape and flavor was awesome. So I figured I’d try to build it on 3 post and it came out exactly the same at .3 ohms. I have built several horizontal quads on 3 post, but this is my 1st vertical. I just wanted to share it if we have any “Mad Coil Builders” like me. Here’s the pics.

Oh yeah, perfect coils on the Coil Master Jig. All coils come out exactly the same in seconds. A whole lot less firing and pinching.

8 Likes

I just put a 1 ohm vertical coil on my Lemo drop …tightened up the draw a bit but this is flavor country

1 Like

Picture pls! :smiley:

Cruising around the Internet browsing different forums I ran across these post about rdas and coil building and I just wanted to share.

2 Likes

it’s a bit sloppy but has been working quite nice!

3 Likes

Interesting! I think I’ll try that, next time I rebuild my Lemo!

1 Like

Maybe it’s because I left the tail on the top so high …the vape comes of it almost right at your lips! It’s quite good .

1 Like

Did you split the bottom part of the wick in two, to lie at the channels?

When hunting for my first RDA should I be avoiding clones? @JoJo said to check out the magma… An authentic is coming in at £60 ish clones at anything from£15-£35

Also @daath would a noobie be pushing way above their wait learning to build on this thing? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261824902845