What concentrate companies have been around the longest?

Well… we’re talking about THE MOST famous e-liquid made, nobody really knows the truth about the formula, how it’s made and who had the rights over it, so it makes one of the most wonderful vapefiction stories.

RY4 stands for (apparently) Ruyan #4,it’s a tobacco, vanilla, and caramel blend, history tells that Ludo Timmermans of Janty was sent by Ruyan to Chang Ning Dekang Biological Technology Co (Dekang) for a week, but Ruyan at the end never had anything t do with it it was Ludo that named it that way.

Ludo and a Dekang’s chemist one afternoon in 4 hours came up with five samples from #1 to #5, #1 to #3 never have been even considered, to his taste, sample #4 was the best and that’s the one that apparently was sent to production by Janty,

But Dekang starts a production of a copy of RY4 as well (no copyright those days) so Ludo tells Dekang not to call it RY4 they change the name and call it Riskee Yuice #4.

The chemist that made the original, apparently steals it or looses the original formulation (IDK how that can happen) Dekang tries to replicate it making 10 versions, #1 to #10 from no sweet to sweetest (that’s why you might find things like RY7)

This is part of the story, but it is the most copied and famous profile in vaping, from VCT to Tribeca, you name it, we all made our own RY4, one way or another, just think that on ECF the “RY4 roundup” post has over 300 pages and if I remember correctly even Ludo weighs in.

6 Likes

Nah, not an EU thing, but rather Asian I believe.

2 Likes

I figured with the proximity to the point of origin, they’d be more apt to be available at EU vendors… But you’re absolutely correct, they’re definitely an Asian company. :wink:

1 Like