What Cotton Do You Use and Why?

Just wandering what kind of cotton all you Vapers use and Why? Give your opinions and what’s your Favorite?

1 Like

I use Shiseido cotton pads. They are the perfect size, all the fibers run in one direction and they have little or no taste. On top of that you can get 165 pads for $9.50 shipped from Nordstroms. I have a lifetime supply.

Also, in the event i should happen to get a dry hit, it is very very rare, it doesnt taste quite as bad as the organic cotton balls i used before these.

2 Likes

I use some different organic Japanese cotton - small square pads, fibers run in one direction. Works great!

In my Lemo I use rayon - I roll a tight rope and jam in in the coil - works beautifully :smile:

2 Likes

I use Japanese cotton my self, love the stuff. When you singe it or even burn it the taste goes away if not burnt to bad. I’ve also used organic cotton balls and the dreadful cellu cotton. I wouldn’t give that stuff to my worst enemy … well maybe I would. Japanese cotton is the best that’s what I have in my Billow.

2 Likes

I bought an entire box of cellucotton as it was cheap. The very first dry hit i got was enough to never use it again. I have a friend that cuts hair, i gave it to her. The stuff was truly awful. I know some people love it but i do not.

Do not buy this !!!

3 Likes

Id rather be punched in the junk! :grin:

1 Like

Lol I have pay people to take some but my dog likes it. she drags it every where.

1 Like

I’m rayon fan boy. Cotton is just nowhere near in both wicking and flavour.

One of the best things about vaping is that there is something for everyone. Of all my hobbies vaping is my favorite.

+1 for Japanese Organic cotton pads …so easy to use and much better taste . if I could find unbleached organic cotton here I would buy it as I sometimes wonder if my cotton has been grown in a field next to the fukashima reactor but seems non existant

3 Likes

Most organic cotton is bleached with Hydrogen Peroxide which breaks down to hydrogen and water. Honestly i cant account for the taste difference, it is most likely psychological but it is there nonetheless.

Probably is psychological but still …the less hands on my product the better !

1 Like

rayon not for sure what that is?

Rayon is like synthetic cotton - it’s made from cellulose fibers :smile:

1 Like

Hmm don’t think I would like it then. I used cellu cotton in my dripper but it had remain wet at all times and if I dry hit it, it was done, trash it

Basically, koh gen do:

Nice price. Nice vape. Forgiving on dry burns. Enough to share with friends for sure!

1 Like

I use japanese cotton called sumo cotton. Don’t really have a taste unless dry burnt then only for that initial hit. Also wicks good if I make my wick right lol.

1 Like

It kills me how much money has been made by some vendors on Japanese cotton squares. I’ve seen them sell 10 little sheets for over $5.00. I think PT Barnum had a saying about this type thing.

3 Likes

And Cotton Bacon… Dafuq?