What Cotton Do You Use and Why?

hah! perfect timing! i tried several of the cottonman wicking cotton samples and was honestly only impressed with 2 of the 12 he sent…so i just cast it aside and i am pretty much just been using cotton bacon v2 and koh gen do cotton…the reason is i have been strictly a tank user as of here lately…
if/when i ever get back into drippers, i will probably do Nativewicks, Drago egyptian cotton, cotton bacon v2 and koh gen do japanes cotton…
and trust me, i have ran many many tests…the ones i have mentioned are DEFINITELY the ones to be using! or at least to be seriously considered and used!
if there are any doubts, cottonman.com will send you his sampler of 12 different varieties for really cheap!

EDIT: i rewick a lot also

2 Likes

OH! REAL QUICK:
if you use koh gen do, you will get much better results if you remove the outer layers first…the cotton becomes MUCH more absorptive…i promise you this!

1 Like

The CB v2 I have I taste very very strongly for a while. My japanese cotton I can’t taste… Weird. Might be the package? I have another CB v2, so time will tell :smile:

I’m gonna try this with the amazon Puff cotton, with the $5 for 5 cotton I was using I only peeled one side (previously both until I saw the Scottish - roll method).
These Puffs don’t really have a scab/skin side and it pulls apart well…but it’s just not wicking well, half my dual coils are dry hitting and I get a cotton taste upon rewick…Nordstroms is on the way, and I’m really hoping this has been what I’ve been vaping for the last year.

I’ve never heard this before. I did hear that V1 was that way but I never used any of it, just V2. I wonder if you got V1 in a V2 package.

Could be - Sounds strange though. Might also just be a sub-par package…

Ok, went old school, all 2014 on it, peeled both sides and Puffs vapes better now…no cotton flavor, no muting. And both sides are equal in juice flow. …I’m happy now, til Nordstroms arrives, atleast for now.

2 Likes