What defines a juice as "Premium"?

I agree with @ozo. The word primium is generally, I believe, a word used on a label to increase the price.

At the end of my buying bnm juice prism for me meant adv and a juice that was labeled free of many of the things many classify bad ingredients. Label as made in a certified lab ect.

For my DIY what I call primium is my adv mixes that require slightly more work and thought. Like the hidden elements of background flavors. A layer of white chocolate, a dash of black pepper FA, a stupid addition of red licorice tpa…ect. But I wouldnt sell it as premium . I would call it something I’m proud of.

3 Likes

LAYERS of flavors lol

1 Like

In all honesty…I would not have gone down this rabbit hole if I had access to juice that was $7/30ml. Places around me are charging $22 for house juice and generic juice lines(i.e. 90% of the e-juice sold) but premium juice(i.e. Big “name”), goes for $24-30/30ml. No inhale/exhale, I’ve tried all the “premium” lines…Phillip Rocke, Suicide Bunny, Halo…it’s all subjective to individual taste. What I taste on inhale will be different than what someone who just got off analogs tastes. Premium juice companies prey on ex smokers lack of ole factory sense to charge huge money for what amounts to nothing…What is premium juice???..any juice that taste “premium” to you.

2 Likes

The brain loves instant gratification and people become more prone to buy when they’re reminded that they can solve their problems quickly. When consumers know they will be rewarded immediately, they will be anxious to buy a product; especially if those products are labeled and offered with super-de-duper marketing words such as:

6 Likes

Truth be told, there’s is a whole lot of juices put in a fancy bottle with a fancy label that call themselves premium juices. In my opinion 90% of it sucks. I’ll admit I’m a picky SOB but as a blender I can appreciate something good even if it’s not a profile I care for. My buddy and myself have tried a lot of so call Premium Juices and most were no better than single flavor blends, were bland, copies of name brands, or just plain tasted nasty. Keep in mind people, Premium is just a word. Just like other companies selling other products. Theirs is always the best, theirs is Premium, there is no better, we hear this all the time. Ejuice companies will say the same things, you can bet your ass, whether they sell a premium product or not. Premium on a juice bottle asks the customer for extra money and in some cases misleads the customer. Again, anyone can put the word Premium on a bottle. It’s another thing to live up to it…

5 Likes

There are Premium juices out there, some worth the money asked. 10% at best though. Lot’s and lots of crap out there…

3 Likes

Does anyone remember Ricardo Monteblan and Corinthian Leather? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

the 7 for 30ml was an estimated price based on moon sugar from ecig at 30 for 100ml bottle , i respectfully disagree with the assumption that big manufacturers prey on anyone however your entitled to your opinion , but i do taste different notes of flavoring in some juices and if a person cant they should mix single flavors and call it a day , your right premium juice to me is different to yiu so really who cares what it means i was giving an answer that i have heard several times from people with a helluva lot more knowledge than me , i dont refer to juice as premium or not anyway to me you got DIY and you got commercial juice made by people like philipe rocke etc which by the way makes some pretty good juice imo but ive discovered better that someone here has made or i could make myself

IMO, it’s a marketing buzzword that implies higher quality. We have all been trained that premium means either better or more luxury with marketing over the years. And since there are no laws outlining rules for usage, they just use it. Now that doesn’t mean everyone is doing it. Some e-liquid makers that put it on their label really are using top quality ingredients, and to me that is what denotes a true premium juice.

If they are using the best quality ingredients available it’s premium. Unfortunately, there are a lot of juice makers just using the cheapest stuff they can get their hands on and putting premium on the label as a marketing ploy to sell more.

3 Likes

Unless the word is on gasoline/petro it is just a word same as deluxe, platinum , diamond and so on.
When they put their e juice in those white bottles and it has glitter writing on the label then you can be assured it is premium and worth the extra cost!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Premium juice is made with top quality products such as pharmaceutical nicotine and natural flavors. Thats what premium juice is to me anyway. One such company that only uses natural flavors and pharmaceutical nicotine is skull and roses. But as long as the juice is good, that’s all that matters right?

2 Likes

I love “Fresh Squeezed” its Delicious.

1 Like

Vape wild! Is a great company who sells what I consider premium juice for 7$ a 30ml. Or 20$ for 120ml or 240ml for only 35$!

2 Likes

Just like with food, “premium” is just a buzzword used in marketing that in most cases means nothing. Look at all the food in the grocery store labeled “premium”. Usually fancier packaging is involved. I’m guessing here, but it’s meant to trick you into paying more. There’s a lot of mental stuff going on with how we perceive taste, so 2 identical products can taste different depending how it’s packaged/described.

HOWEVER, I would think a legit reason to call an eliquid “premium” and charge more would be if it exclusively uses flavorings that typically cost more (FLV, HS, INW, etc…).

EDIT - There’s quite a bit of mental stuff going on with eliquid inparticular. Have you ever had somebody vape a liquid without telling them what it is then ask them to describe it? I do this quite a bit because it’s very fascinating to me. Lots of times when I do this they cannot answer, or answer wrong. Then I’ll say something like “its mainly apple”, most of the time they’ll say “oh yeah now I can taste it”, even if I’m telling them the wrong flavor.

1 Like

@ozo Corinthian leather on a 70’s Chrysler K-Car was lipstick on a pig :wink:

and that is pronounced Corinttthian Laytharr heh thanks for the trip down memory lane!

It means “we are going to charge you more for this marginal e-liquid”.

3 Likes

7 Likes

wow that sure is one “premium” pig! It’s good to see Honey Boo Boo’s mom is finally getting some modelling work :laughing:

3 Likes

Hmmmm, I thought it was a pic of a silk purse ! :smile_cat:

2 Likes