What do you really hate? (II)

6 Likes

Bloody Norma, far too hot.

3 Likes

We had a week of 97 - 101. It was glorious! (Trust me). Itā€™s going to be 117 this weekend :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I normally donā€™t do any political commentary in the forums I participate in, butā€¦I was incredibly disappointed that Biden honored the US-Taliban agreement that was arranged by the Trump administration. I remember how weird I felt watching the signing ceremony in Feb 2020 and how people were celebrating it and how pleased Pompeo looked as a witness. Iā€™m not very politically savvy and definitely donā€™t know enough about it, but am still disappointed.

4 Likes

Humans!

I went out to get bits for wifey and had people walking into me 80 times in 90 minutes.

It would be ok at most times but I am one who screams wizard with my 6ā€™ 2" frame and 124kg of mass. With a face that looks like it took 3 shotgun rounds to it and has.

3 Likes

Phones: my current phone just died and most apps want an active phone. So a huge hassle reset comms.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so pissed off. Our insurance wonā€™t cover the septic flood because it was clogged and not an act of nature. The damage is astounding, 3 rooms, three closets laundry room and hallway need to have tiles, baseboards, some studs, some paneling and Drywall replaced. What kills me is that we had just totally redid 2 rooms and a closet all the way to the studs. Fuck me!

5 Likes

@natbone WOW !! So sorry this happened. It sucks when you buy insurance and then find out it doesnā€™t cover what you need it to cover. I feel for you, especially since you just did so much work on 2 rooms and a closet.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s always a bright side though. My wife and I have done all the workā€¦ I do about 85% of itā€¦and itā€™s been challenging but rewarding. Now we get to learn some new things.

I finally figured out what DIY in the home means. It means learning many ways to fix the fuck-ups I make.

6 Likes

Bullshitā€¦They donā€™t cover " acts of God" they dont cover this or thatā€¦These Insurance companies are as bad as any Big Industry so sorry to hear this

8 Likes

the problem is, he didnā€™t

1 Like

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/08/covid19-long-term-effects-society-digital?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social_video&utm_term=1_1&utm_content=23444_5_ways_pandemic_rehape_lives_longterm&utm_campaign=social_video_2021

3 Likes
2 Likes

Ok. Thatā€™s it, game over. Iā€™ve officially given up and I officially no longer give-a-shit.

6 Likes

Hehe @Lostmarbles, you and I must be Number 1, and Number 2 in line.

2 Likes

I hate it when EVERY electronic device in the house starts beeping emergency tones, and on the Weather site, there are TEN alerts.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:
:man_facepalming:

Soā€¦ ā€˜Weā€™ll pay criminals to NOT act like a criminal.ā€™

Hairbrained ideas like this is why Iā€™ve been waiting for 30+ years for California to fall off into the ocean.

Same goes for NY. With such ā€œgemsā€ as FSC (ā€˜fire safe cigarettesā€™) and trying to regulate the size of soft drinks, etc.

/smh

6 Likes

10 Likes

Ainā€™t that the farginā€™ truth!!

6 Likes

Driving home from town yesterday whilst listening to the local radio station news and heard this.

ā€œThere is a rising epidemic of teenagers using vaping products containing according to the anti-cancer foundation of Australia. The nicotine is being masked using flavouring such as lemonade and dessert flavours. These products are readily available to teenagers and only cost around $5 for a product which gives hundreds of doses. The anti-cancer foundation is extremely worried about this usage as vaping is a relatively new technology that has only been around for ten years so the risks are unknown as opposed to tobacco use.ā€

I find this absolutely flabbergasting and so wrong in so many ways. That is is being touted on a nationally syndicated news broadcasting service and contains non-factual information that almost sounds like it is saying smoking is the lesser evil is both disgusting and astounding to me.

Our so called ā€œfoundationsā€ are dependent not only on donations from the public, but also funding from Governments and big companies for their research. So as far as I am concerned this makes their every action questionable as they have a vested interest NOT to stop smoking, or to find a cure for cancer when you think about it as they would then be without a purpose. :rage: :rage: :rage:

5 Likes