What Do You Really Hate? (III)

@Josephine_van_Rijn I’d never heard of the TriState City …

2 Likes

4 Likes

Seems that they need another 96 red balloons:

These references certainly make me look old.

4 Likes

Rutte is Schwab’s errand boy and proud of it. His cabinet has it’s eyes on bigger things.
They don’t even bother to turn up in chambers most of the time for debates.
Too busy abroad.

They won’t stop at 3000 farmers. We have the old war law from 1952 dusted off, dealing with replacement of populations.
I don’t know where they plan to take us. All I know is that there’s a reason they pulled this law out of a dusty drawer and it doesn’t look too good.

I’ve never been a nationalist or patriot in any sense, but I was always pleased to live in this country and envied by many.
There’s nothing left of that. I never thought I would see this happen in this country.

Rutte doesn’t call us a country, he calls us the BV Nederland. BV standing voor besloten vennootschap.

Looks like a nice construction to get away with quite a lot.

2 Likes

The 80’s were THE time to be alive IMO.

2 Likes

You are 40 years overdue. Are you still waiting for them to come back? :rofl:

4 Likes

Though it seems that those times are being moved out of the mighty algorithm.

I had to name the movie for a specific reference just now when it would have been in the top 5 last year.

‘Holding out for a Hero’ doesn’t instantly give a Short Circuit 2 montage.

4 Likes

Hehe @Josephine_van_Rijn. Good things come to those who wait …

3 Likes

I hate seeing a billboard with wrong words! Like today’s
Your approved! Drive away today!

7 Likes

That shit bugs me also. But I suppose we have to suffer the spelling-challenged, along with the capitalized-challenged

7 Likes

Maybe someone owns an ‘approved’ which has been bestowed with the ability to drive. To be sure, I suggest checking whether your region recognises novel anthromorphic personifications.

6 Likes

One must remember I live in West Virginia in which ur is a proper contraction for you’re, and ov’thar Is a proper contraction of over there.

7 Likes

Well 'nowt as queer as folk when they’ve got a chuff on.

British dialects can also be impregnable. I can speak and read most, though thick West Country is mass of syllabic blocks to me.

6 Likes

I think you’d be better off ordering some steel toe cap boots mate.

7 Likes

Oh I don’t enjoy wearing them: having giant feet which are wide, which widen more due to arch collapse and the joys of the hallux varus mutation (basically being like Beast from X-Men) makes me favour flexible footwear.

So soft 14/15W US Merrell’s are a personal favourite.

6 Likes

Oh the joys of having collapsed arches, I too have that problem.

5 Likes

It does add fun to choosing footwear. I tend to find using open sandals and running pumps as a way to avoid the strain which comes with a sculpted arch in-sole.

Though I just class my feet as an annoyance as they’ve cost me thousands in getting something resembling comfort. Those with bog-standard size 9s don’t know how lucky they are.

6 Likes

I am sorry to hear this and I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to find comfortable shoes that fit other than having them made to measure which is rather expensive.
I can’t wear those sculpted arch insoles either, they are torturous things to wear.

6 Likes

Luckily I’ve been working from home since ‘The Event’ started, so I can be barefoot at least 3 days a week.

4 Likes

I haven’t got that, AFAIK. I have Raynaud’s disease. People are always talking about the state of my hands when they see them.
They can’t see my feet. Cold and numb even in summer and in winter accompanied by chilblains.

I have to buy shoes at least one size bigger than I actually need. Tight shoes block the circulation and I need extra socks.
I wear Crocs. They have a very sturdy, ultralight winter boot. They look like they are made out of car tires.
I’m looking for comfort, style is less important in my eyes. These are the warmest shoes I’ve ever owned.

Anyway, I’m digressing here. I came here to complain about the start of my day.
I was really pleased with myself getting up. I looked at the clock and it was still reasonably early.

So I settled behind the computer with a cup of coffee and a joint to do my morning routine.
Woordle, Flemish Woordle, 6 letter Woordle, Wordle, Dordle, Waffle, Squareword, Worldle and Statele.
I save the Nerdles voor later.

What a life! What can you possibly hate about that?
It all shattered when I looked at my phone to have a look at the weather.
We have just gone over to summertime :roll_eyes:

7 Likes