What do you really hate?

Not the one I went to. People chit chattin, high fiveing with folks behind the counter, playing with their hair in front of the camera, getting multiple poses to choose from. Friggin funny farm. Kids screaming. Young parents acting like idiots trying to entertain their offspring. An Ogre’s paradise.

6 Likes

to which he replied like a 6 year olds, Oh well life could be worse. In about 7 years you’ll be ready to tear em up

2 Likes

The other thing I hate is spending my bike tire money on wife’s Chihuahua. Tires would have been cheaper. Had her talked into 40 to 50 bucks for really nice bike tires, the the little snot dog decided we’d spend 400 at the vet on her to learn that she’s getting really old, has very few teeth left and they needed cleaning. Had this done once before years ago. Well you’d think that since she has only a few left it’d cost less, NOPE in fact I rhink he raised his price since last time.

So now I get to sit and stare and my old bike with new shifters, all new cable new brakes, custom brake bracket (designed and built by me) a new tune up the wheels true’d and a pile of cracked rubber and cut wire since it was so much easier to cut the old tires off. Wonder just how rough a ride it’d be with no tires. lol

At least with the dog checked out the wifey is happy

3 Likes

Just shows how truly intelligent you are… gotta keep the wife happy…

2 Likes

I just shove them out of the way, oh wait I scare people they stay away from me!

2 Likes

Well, he was about a foot taller and a hundred pounds heavier than me so I had about a snowball’s chance in hell of scaring him OR shoving him outta the way. It was a little awkward having to hunch over the keypad to put my PIN in with him standing RIGHT behind me. Like, seriously dude?? What the heck? I shoulda stepped on his foot or something and been like “Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you there.” LOL

4 Likes

Does that include getting rammed in the back of the legs with the shopping cart? I really hate that. My son hates when that happens to me because I glare and growl at the person responsible and he just wants to laugh but can’t.

4 Likes

I made a BIG batch of chili after Christmas. so I had chili for like 4 days straight …I was clearing entire isles of the grocery store while shopping for New Years grub …checkout counter? Thadda been a breeze :poop::skull_and_crossbones::mage:

5 Likes

It is one of your goals to collect more this year! :joy:

1 Like

yikes! That is totally uncool.

1 Like

2 Likes

I have seen a few arguments, yelling, and cussing matches over this very thing when cashiering. Mostly dirty looks though.
It can be awkward because usually the offending party doesn’t even realize it and sometimes the blame is really hard to place.

Some people want to load every bag into their carts before they pay, but while they have their back turned, another cart or person is standing in front of the card reader. The person who prematurely pulled up to the reader might be on the phone or just not paying attention. When the person being helped is ready to pay, they end up having to back up and then everyone has to back up a little until people trying to load their items on the end of the belt are all like WTF?

Sometimes there is just an asshat that hovers over a person that is trying to pay, whether thay are waiting behind them, or have already finished and just won’t fucking leave.

Usually, there is an awkward apology and all is forgotten, but when it is not, I get a show and can have trouble keeping a straight face.

2 Likes

Yup. Usually the person apologizes when they realize, but this guy didn’t even move or acknowledge my existence. LoL. I shoulda said something but I just wanted to get outta there. I hate walmart. :roll_eyes: I try to be aware of doing exactly that, but there’s so much pressure in a checkout line! You’re trying to get all your stuff loaded onto the belt so that the person behind you can get their stuff on and the person in front of you is trying to get all their stuff off of the little bag carousel thing. Sheesh. :rofl: Totally a first world problem. LoL

3 Likes

Picking the shortest line at checkout only to find you’ve got the checker with a 45 IQ who has trouble scanning every single item. Then the person in front of you whips out 300 coupons they decide to sort on the spot. Ohh that’s not the one I need.
To top it off then they decide they need a pack of smokes so the checker has to close her register and walk over there and unlock the smoke case and opps wrong kind I wanted the blues not the greens.
Meanwhile Bob is slowly reaching a roiling boil of temper. GAWD !!!

3 Likes

You must have got the random asshat. Try not to visit a Walmart if you are in a hurry. Lol

I go to publix for my groceries.I know they dont have the lowest prices but most are pretty nice and usually smell ok. I need to watch and reeducate the bag boys, “Do not put that bottle of wine in the same bag as everything else, and careful with the bread!”, but they are good at discouraging asshats by having all the bags in the cart and asking if you need help carrying out, if you don’t need help, they just stare you out of there. Plus the checkout line isles are not wide enough for anyone to fit beside a cart or get really out of place.

Bag boys FTW.

5 Likes

That’s actually on my resume.

4 Likes

I always cover the keypad whilst entering my PIN at the Grocery. I cover it from the high resolution hi-tech camera overhead, screw the guy behind me. Oh and I always surf other people entering their PINs. People… stop using your birthday as your PIN, seriously.

4 Likes

I say it out loud and ask the scruffy, shifty looking guy over my shoulder to enter it for me so I don’t fat-finger it.

Actually, I just use the pads for ‘credit’ instead. I only use my PIN at the ATM.

3 Likes

Those cameras can see a booger in G. Washingtons nose on the dollar bill. Haha
Also check for attachments and things that look like an extra piece of equipment on card readers, especially at the gas stations. The gas stations are the worst. I only use credit at the gas pump because charges can easily be disputed. It is safest only to shop with credit anywhere. You can fix credit charges much faster and easier than debit from your bank account. Many a person has been bent over and shafted by the bank when strange charges empty the account and then the bills try to come through and they charge numerous overdraft charges instead of notifying them of a possible problem.

Bank of America did this to me years ago when my daughter was a baby. It was an inside job and made the charges to be online prescription drugs, that we didnt use. I went to the bank making a big stink about it with a 2inch stack of papers of other BoA customers charged the same thing and they still wouldn’t release my funds and denied everything. Took a couple months for them to give my funds back, but wouldn’t drop the overdraft charges.

Never again with BoA!

4 Likes

The only higher tech cameras are at the airport. People should know how far Retail has gone to “reduce shrinkage” and unscrupulous folks behind monitors can likely see you entering your PIN …or the sex of that fruitfly on your shoulder

5 Likes