What do you really love? (I)

One of my all time favorites - never a truer word spoken

4 Likes

When my lil buddy stops by to visit.

12 Likes

No, actually I can’t. Feeling balanced is not easy to do. I may not pull it off, but I’d be happier with that than with a Lamborghini, a desolate Autobahn and my present attitude.

Wait…
yeah, I stand by it.

7 Likes

Eat it.

Catch and eat it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh no!!! That’s my little buddy! Besides, the UPS guy yields a lot more meat.

8 Likes

So true you’d waste more energy chasing the little fucker than he’s worth.

4 Likes

6 Likes

And new bamboo socks of course, because what am I an animal?

Pity I can’t buy possum wool garments… theirthe pretty popular in NZ but I don’t live in NZ :angry:

6 Likes

Never underestimate the serenity of a desolate autobahn :smile: When I returned to work last November and found myself alone on the road I felt I had achieved enlightenment. Exaggerating, of course, but it is a professional driver’s dream.

I wish you well on your road to equilibrium. I like the Chinese description of balance using the earth as an example: The world is in a constant state of trying to balance itself, never stopping in the middle but ever swinging like a pendulum. I guess the ideal is to keep your pendulum from swinging to wildly :wink:

9 Likes

Having both my laptops crash simultaneously then bringing one to Best Buy Geek Squad and having it fixed for free. Bringing in the second one the next day, expecting to pay, and got that one fixed for free, too.

9 Likes

well how in the hell did you do that ?

7 Likes

I do not know.

6 Likes

My Chef’s order arrived. Now I can make that recipe I’ve been curious about :+1:

8 Likes

The Trans-Tasman Bubble is now open. You can come on over and pick up some of your favorite possum-wares :+1:

6 Likes

Yeah I don’t know if that might be just a BIT lavish for me, but socks, got some socks for me? :slight_smile:

Plain black thermals?

People overlook the difference between qualities of material in their clothing - seriously :slight_smile:

The same black shirt in cotton will hold stink until by the end of the day it smells gross.

Upgrade to merino, no smell, softer, breathes better with antibacterial properties.

Upgrade again, possum wool, well I don’t know much about possum fibre, but I know possums seem pretty happy about their fur - til they’re skinned for it anyhoo :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, we have a lot of nude and disgruntled possums running all over the countryside :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Love to know who exactly had the genius idea to import them to begin with :slight_smile:

Whether it was an Australian or Kiwi who first thought “UH HUH! We will have a few possums thanks! thay so CUTE!” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Incidentally, I love the smell of possums: a musty kinda musky scent the males get on their chest from that gland that oozes waxy shit.

I wanted to scrape Guido’s chest but he wouldn’t have it and was, well not at all cooperative.

5 Likes

Ah, it was the Aussies who decided to bring them over here with the plan to set up fur trading. They may be cute but they are aggressive little suckers (and they make a hell of a lot of noise when they are rooting) :astonished:

3 Likes

There’s Guido at an angle better demonstrating the waxy shit… I wanted to use it as cologne on myself but yeah.

HE was agressive, but the females and babies would just climb all over me and let me pat em etcetera.

Guido would occasionally allow me to patronize him with a pat on the head, but that was the key word there: you could TELL he fuckin’ hated being patted, which made me sometimes do it just to piss him off :smirk:

And while I never heard them actually fuckin’ each other that I can recall, I DO remember their ENDLESS nightly domestic squabblling - just on and on and on with the squealing and grunting and shit :slight_smile:

5 Likes