What Flavors Work Best At High Nicotine Levels

If you have a scale, you can count your drops that equal 1 ml, yes.
For me, flv is 50 drops in 1 ml.

1 drop = .02g or .02ml

so then you can transpose your recipe into elr without having major issues.
I struggled with this until figured out the how to… so I always tell folks to work your flavors… do not let them work you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon84779643, ok so I can adjust 2ml of non flavored juice with .02ml of flavor and get a 4% increase. if I did it with 1 drop, it would be 2%. That will help tweak juices that aren’t quite there yet.

1 Like

You might not want to start off that low in base, or that high with an ultra, Doug…
You are more than welcome to tinker… However…

working from low to high, you will catch the points of weak to good … and pushed higher, if it will mute out, if it will become yet another flavor (pink guava is a good example of that) or if it is just too high and you plain all out do not like it that high.

It’s easier to start low and work up rather than become too high and then you have to figure out how to cut it back down. :slight_smile:

The highest I enjoy flv flavors is 1.4% and even then it isnt often I use them that high.

1 Like

@anon84779643 I’ve noticed that lol. Not easy to do.

2 Likes

Alpine, rich cinnamon, red cinnamon, fire cinnamon, clove and ginger, are some of those that you do not need much at all… maybe a drop or 2 in 30ml…

some folks say 3 drops of Alpine in 4oz… some say 1 drop rich cinnamon in 60ml…

You have an option to mix what ever and how ever you want… but working with solos and keeping your notes together will be something you treasure. A way to see how your bosy and tounge change from the point of starting out mixing (at least) and beyond.

Your tongue is the best tool you have… (not mine!) it wont lie to you… Use it well :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon84779643 ok, so I have “dragonsblood” from LNW. I think it’s weak flavored. I got something close made by LNW. should I increase the flavor by 1 drop? Or is their flavor mix perfect for their product? I also have their melon mania. to sweet. I would like to try to adjust the mixes i have if that’s possible.

2 Likes

It all depends. What flavors do you have? What do you taste in it?
Have you looked thru here:

and checked out any recipes called dragons blood? You might not find theirs… but if you can identify what you are tasting… it isnt weak, you just want to increase what you taste.

On some “flavored recipes” even if you want to increase it… you might not be able to do so… You stand the risk of everything muting out.

I understand you want to improve the tastes, but sometimes too, it is just better to start a new batch.

Without knowing the flavors and brands, while keeping in mind I only work with flv… it will be hard for the both of us. This is why I was telling you to work your solos.

Solo testing is yet another “bad topic” here, as most do not want to solo taste test, or would rather use someone else’s well written notes. However it is the most powerful tool besides your tongue that you alone can do.

In the end it is all up to you, I cant tell you what to expect, and you will have to take a risk and find out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I really don’t taste anything from their dragonsblood brand. Even at 60-70w. I imagine you’re right. adding a drop of flavor might take it into chemical taste. Maybe theirs is so close to the chemical flavor it’s what the problem is. Ugh. I own 4 bottles of it because I got some for a friend then they quit vaping because of the controversy and gave it back.

I have insulin needles. cousin’s a diabetic. He keeps spares here because I live alone and he has a child. No, I don’t do drugs. He’s petrified his girl will get ahold of one and hurt herself.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried any of their juices… chances are tho, they are loaded with super sweet.
A lot of venders use “ss” like its an additional flavor, when it mutes everything out…
They do that so it could be harder to clone.

Pretty much the only thing I can tell you is to stroll thru my list of dragonfruit… see what you like, and if you have the flavors, try mixing it up…

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=Dragon+Fruit&filter=28997

btw, I hate your friend quit all together… maybe once you have things down pat and they can cool off, maybe they will rethink…

2 Likes

@anon84779643 SS? I have no idea what that is but all the LNW flavors are super sweet. Sometimes you like a tart apple or other tart fruit. Real fruit isn’t that sweet. Making it a little sweet is ok but I think it ruins the flavor of the fruit (that’s just me). I thought that adding 1 drop of a tart flavor they have into it might make it a little less sweet. Doubtful though. I’d probably have to cut it in 1/2 with unflavored juice then add the flavor I have figuring theirs is at 13-15%? Cut that in 1/2 makes it 6.5 - 7.5%. Just an idea…

It’s supposed to be a coconut strawberry flavor. I have that flavor.

3 Likes

SS = super sweet from Capella it is their sweetener.

Not when there is too much sweetener to begin with… :frowning:

Tinker around, Doug, perhaps you can make it to where you can vape it…
Wont know unless you try, and that is half the battle! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 sorry to keep pestering you lol. You do seem to really know what you’re doing so learning from someone super experienced is key. Ok, I will try 1 drop. If it takes the flavor away, I can add…25ml non flavored to see if I can adjust. Might as well tinker, right? I don’t taste it now so it can’t hurt.

3 Likes

Try it :slight_smile:

lol I have to put my tools up for the night… it is that time. I carve and burn wood and bones, sometimes leathers too… so clean up time here and I and offline!

Only way to know, is by doing… start low and work up! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dragon’s blood is a light coconut, with heavy strawberry, raspberry and sometimes watermelon :wink:
some add creams… some dont… ice it cool it down… fantastic vape, when you can taste it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I told them the areas the scare was and what’s driving the politics behind it. they’d already trashed their old (and ancient) mods and tanks. I got them new ones for xmas. I told them they could hold on to them and read up more about all the disinformation being spread first before they decide. I told them if they still chose to stay with cigarettes again, they could let me exchange them for something else they might like other than vaping products.

Instead, they got furious at me and didn’t want to be friends anymore since I was giving them something they already told me they quit because of how dangerous they were. Hence why I have all this equipment. I got all the stuff from a store going out of business so there are no returns.

3 Likes

Sheesh, with friends like that…

So, slight side-step… I really came to loathe freebase nic because of the harshness and the pepperiness I tasted even at low %. So, I switched to nic salts. All but completely flavorless and no harshness at all. If you’re struggling to get flavor to break through the nic, you could try salts.

3 Likes

I heard salts don’t work in sub ohm tanks? Nic salts are new aren’t they? Stupid question but are they dangerous?

2 Likes

There are no stupid questions, first off.

New, not really.

I have only sub-Ohm’ed with them. The worries are the high levels of % depending on the wattage, same as freebase.

Dangerous? Well, as much so as freebase with one exception being since they are basically invisible, you can easily use too much. But you DIY your own so you will know how much you are adding.

3 Likes

No… If you are vaping 18mg now, you can use the same 18mg and have a smoother vape. The fav place to buy them is again…

I would go for either the pg or pg/vg based nic salts. You might find it more satisfying too.

You ditched the bad friends and yes the equipment you are using now, is fine, just not a big need for you to be vaping so high… I would recommend start at around 60 watts (on your nic salts) and see how you like that. You can go up in watts, but try it out in 5watt increments…

2 Likes

Well, sale ends today at Heartlandvapes.com. I’ve always had good luck there.

2 Likes