What Flavors Work Best At High Nicotine Levels

Not doubting you, after market coils are possible… I just couldnt find the ohms this morning :wink:

2 Likes

These are supposedly made by SMOK. They’re super new. They really make it smooth. No throat hit…

3 Likes

I roll my own coils… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I’ll screw that up too lmao. I’ll just stick with the store bought stuff. I still screw that up but not as bad lmao.

2 Likes

It’s really not that hard and we do have others here that make fancy ones…
I thought like you at one time… I was scared and knew I would screw something up… but a friend helped me wrap my first coil and then I watched a few you tubes. Really simple. I like a .2ohm - .5ohm :slight_smile:
I vape between 22 watts and 30 watts… :slight_smile: sure keeps batteries lasting longer too.

We all have our own styles… and mine change on occasion… the highest I take my watts is around 70…

3 Likes

@anon84779643 I wanted to ask you, what’s a super concentrate? The flavors on the DIY site come in 15ml, and up. aren’t they all the same concentrate (TFA)?

3 Likes

TFA is a standard flavor manufacture…

When you pick up some Flavorah or Medicine Flower… those 2 are what is called ultras.

What separates them, and even with flavorah (not so with medicine flower) is the steep time…
the usage will be lower than standard flavors, meaning sometimes even 1 drop of flavor in 60ml might be right, for you to taste that flavor, instead of using 5% of another brand. Steep time with Flavorah, depending on how heavy you are using it, for me, runs around 5 days and sometimes up to 2 weeks.

Most standard flavored custards really do not come into their own for 3-4 weeks maybe even longer.

I dont have the time for all that. Its my main reason for sticking with the ultras.

I stick to one company, because it keeps my shipping low, when buying direct.

3 Likes

@anon84779643 so all the 15mg bottles of Flavorah I might have are ultra concentrates vs TFA right? Just making sure. If I have TFA then I use the standard ml that the recipe shows?I have Capella, TFA, LNY (?), Flavor West, and DIY. Those aren’t ultras, right?

2 Likes

Yes…

No those are not ultras… :slight_smile:

it is also why I suggest to anyone, test your flavors out before making a recipe, one at a time. Find where you can start to taste, and where you can taste… make notes of where… then putting your own recipes together will be easier. Just adjust them to where you like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 and 1 drop is 1/50th of a ml? I’m trying to remember these by heart so I know what I’m doing when mixing.

2 Likes

If you have a scale, you can count your drops that equal 1 ml, yes.
For me, flv is 50 drops in 1 ml.

1 drop = .02g or .02ml

so then you can transpose your recipe into elr without having major issues.
I struggled with this until figured out the how to… so I always tell folks to work your flavors… do not let them work you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon84779643, ok so I can adjust 2ml of non flavored juice with .02ml of flavor and get a 4% increase. if I did it with 1 drop, it would be 2%. That will help tweak juices that aren’t quite there yet.

1 Like

You might not want to start off that low in base, or that high with an ultra, Doug…
You are more than welcome to tinker… However…

working from low to high, you will catch the points of weak to good … and pushed higher, if it will mute out, if it will become yet another flavor (pink guava is a good example of that) or if it is just too high and you plain all out do not like it that high.

It’s easier to start low and work up rather than become too high and then you have to figure out how to cut it back down. :slight_smile:

The highest I enjoy flv flavors is 1.4% and even then it isnt often I use them that high.

1 Like

@anon84779643 I’ve noticed that lol. Not easy to do.

2 Likes

Alpine, rich cinnamon, red cinnamon, fire cinnamon, clove and ginger, are some of those that you do not need much at all… maybe a drop or 2 in 30ml…

some folks say 3 drops of Alpine in 4oz… some say 1 drop rich cinnamon in 60ml…

You have an option to mix what ever and how ever you want… but working with solos and keeping your notes together will be something you treasure. A way to see how your bosy and tounge change from the point of starting out mixing (at least) and beyond.

Your tongue is the best tool you have… (not mine!) it wont lie to you… Use it well :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon84779643 ok, so I have “dragonsblood” from LNW. I think it’s weak flavored. I got something close made by LNW. should I increase the flavor by 1 drop? Or is their flavor mix perfect for their product? I also have their melon mania. to sweet. I would like to try to adjust the mixes i have if that’s possible.

2 Likes

It all depends. What flavors do you have? What do you taste in it?
Have you looked thru here:

and checked out any recipes called dragons blood? You might not find theirs… but if you can identify what you are tasting… it isnt weak, you just want to increase what you taste.

On some “flavored recipes” even if you want to increase it… you might not be able to do so… You stand the risk of everything muting out.

I understand you want to improve the tastes, but sometimes too, it is just better to start a new batch.

Without knowing the flavors and brands, while keeping in mind I only work with flv… it will be hard for the both of us. This is why I was telling you to work your solos.

Solo testing is yet another “bad topic” here, as most do not want to solo taste test, or would rather use someone else’s well written notes. However it is the most powerful tool besides your tongue that you alone can do.

In the end it is all up to you, I cant tell you what to expect, and you will have to take a risk and find out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon84779643 I really don’t taste anything from their dragonsblood brand. Even at 60-70w. I imagine you’re right. adding a drop of flavor might take it into chemical taste. Maybe theirs is so close to the chemical flavor it’s what the problem is. Ugh. I own 4 bottles of it because I got some for a friend then they quit vaping because of the controversy and gave it back.

I have insulin needles. cousin’s a diabetic. He keeps spares here because I live alone and he has a child. No, I don’t do drugs. He’s petrified his girl will get ahold of one and hurt herself.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried any of their juices… chances are tho, they are loaded with super sweet.
A lot of venders use “ss” like its an additional flavor, when it mutes everything out…
They do that so it could be harder to clone.

Pretty much the only thing I can tell you is to stroll thru my list of dragonfruit… see what you like, and if you have the flavors, try mixing it up…

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=Dragon+Fruit&filter=28997

btw, I hate your friend quit all together… maybe once you have things down pat and they can cool off, maybe they will rethink…

2 Likes

@anon84779643 SS? I have no idea what that is but all the LNW flavors are super sweet. Sometimes you like a tart apple or other tart fruit. Real fruit isn’t that sweet. Making it a little sweet is ok but I think it ruins the flavor of the fruit (that’s just me). I thought that adding 1 drop of a tart flavor they have into it might make it a little less sweet. Doubtful though. I’d probably have to cut it in 1/2 with unflavored juice then add the flavor I have figuring theirs is at 13-15%? Cut that in 1/2 makes it 6.5 - 7.5%. Just an idea…

It’s supposed to be a coconut strawberry flavor. I have that flavor.

3 Likes