WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

Haha! Glad it’s not just me! Practice, practice, practice is my latest mantra :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some atty’s are pissy, and some are almost easy enough to wick with your eyes closed.

To all of you new to building, it won’t be very long and you will wonder how you never built any before.

Just be certain to test the ohms before you fire them on your mod…and always begin with using

And as always, I highly recommend the C-M 521 TAB

4 Likes

I am loving the 521 tab…and a bit obsessed with checking and triple checking on steam engine!

1 Like

I got mine a couple of weeks back, only tried it for the first time today haha, I started getting into building my own coils but it’s been put on the back burner while I get my mixing right, I did make a few nice ones though in the first couple of weeks of learning…

13 Likes

Holy @!#$ …

3 Likes

I’ll take that as a compliment …I think…:thinking: lol

2 Likes

My words exactly! I’m sure we’ll be building like that in [quote=“Pugs1970, post:224, topic:82607”]
the first couple of weeks of learning…
[/quote]

:laughing::grimacing::v:️️

2 Likes

just get stuck into it, watch a bunch of videos on youtube, I haven’t kept up with it that was a couple of months back but i will when I get time :grin:

1 Like

If I ever get that good it will be after years of practice - you’ve clearly got a gift for it :+1:

1 Like

thank you very much :grin:
i took to it well, I didn’t keep up with it though, I’m one of those ‘right i can do that…what’s next’ kinda guys lol…I’ll jump back on the saddle soon as I get chance, there’s a thread ‘coil building show offs’ if you wanna see nice coils check them bad boys out :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Well I felt it!!!

1 Like

Looks like they work well…

Well I have been know to dance with my newest vape gear every time it arrives, I will make sure to only dance with it before it’s holes get plugged, now that I know, what exactly are those things you are using to plug the holes?

2 Likes

Until you can secure some of the plugs ,I simply twisted a couple of pieces of paper towels on the ends and inserted them .I then trimmed the ends to make it more neat looking.

1 Like

oh that is a good idea! I haven’t even ordered it yet because I have been so busy with school work and now I am looking at the

And it comes with a 521 Mini Tab…I don’t know which to get now…I could use some new building tools cause the ones I have are so old and cheap, but I really would rather have the regular size CM 521 tab so I am not sure which to get now! This V3 kit is only $10 more than the 521 tab so it would probably be a better investment…but I am really unsure of what to do now!!!

Suggestions anyone!?!

1 Like

I love the v3 kit , but the voltmeter in mine no longer works reliably.The ohm reading jumps around so that is when I purchased the regular 521.
I know that doesn’t help much but you could do as I and purchase the tool kit and then replace the meter later.
I know you use Titanium mostly same as I,so the ability to fire your coils before wicking is not as important .

1 Like

Very true…although I am thinking about starting to play around with some SS, simply because the coils don’t have to be spaced and I like my claptons and such…Ti claptons are wonderful, but because they are spaced they take up more room on the build deck…I love my Ti wire, but I have had SS before and although the taste may be just a little bit less, it is not much of a very significant different, IMO, but nevertheless, I would still have the mini tab to use if I do choose to use SS…I mainly wanted the tab so I can use it as a build deck…I just hope the mini is big enough to use it for that. In your opinion, would you say that the mini is big enough for that?

1 Like

I used it for that for about 6 months.I do love the 521 but when I am using fused claptons I only use it to check the ohms.
The 521 is a little slow when working on bigger builds IMO.it takes longer to fire and check coils than simply using my mod to get the coils tuned

1 Like

Ah, okay, thanks for the info, I am still unsure exactly what I will do, but I think I may just go for the V3 kit!

They are just some rubber plugs I found from the automotive world.

Tape, paper, or even q-tips will work.

1 Like

The tfv4 is what I built mine on. The first wicking attempt was a little burn-y, so I tried again with less cotton and now it’s going strong! I think I might actually need just a teensy bit more cotton next time since it leaks a little if it sits too long, but I’m super close to it being perfect.

2 Likes