What have YOU done for ELR lately ? What's ELR mean to you?

How is it different?

I have yet to post any recipes on the fb group…I did share my public recipe on my post today that I made about a recipe being accidentally deleted…which I believe was the 1st time I ever did that. I notice many of the recipes that get shared on fb,many people dont comment on them. Maybe it’ll get a few likes but that is about it.

I would think sharing a recipe in the forums,you’d be getting more of a response from experience DIY’rs & on the ELR fb group, i notice more noobies respond to recipes. I may be wrong,but that is what I observed.

5 Likes

I agree with your observation. For some weird reason, facebook feels more superficial and/or anonymous, which, when you think about it, doesn’t make sense, since most people use their real personas there, whereas here, you’re just a name and possibly an avatar. Maybe it’s just me.
I know that when you post about flavors and recipes here, you get some good responses from very knowledgeable people :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still open to that, when we speak about feedback on recipes. :grinning:

5 Likes

I think it’s partly the anonymity of the user name and avatar that helps to get past the impersonal nature. Everyone here is here for a very specific reason: to make tasty juice! Veterans of the craft remember what it’s like to be swimming in a sea of flavors with no sense of direction, so when a novice comes floundering by they’re able to throw a rope to help. Be it by gently directing to some great threads of useful information or directly pouring a cup o’ knowledge from their own steeping pot of gold, they help.

Now, the saloon on the other hand… No holds barred (mostly) and it’s every avatar for themselves! Hell, even in there it usually stays civil!

8 Likes

Good point!

Yes, venture into the saloon at your own peril :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Fortunately you usually get out of there safely :rofl:

9 Likes

I 100% agree with you… and its like that with many other websites Ive been on that dont use real names. Maybe the noobies are just hiding out & not saying anything…like I did

6 Likes

Well I’ll have to take your advice then & see how it goes. Ive been on ELR since 2015 or 2016 & I guess its time I start sharing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

What have I done for ELR lately :thinking:?? Not much but this does remind me to donate so ty . I feel anyone who tries to help others and gives positive suggestions to other mixers is doing what is needed …I believe or hope that everyone here knows that I care for the people here and love this forum . We can usually ( most always ) put aside our differences for the greater good of this community and that in admirable …To everyone ty for making this place a home away from home .

8 Likes

btw,as I was browsing the forums to see what all was on here, I noticed the ELR Forum Founding Members. Is that a hidden group? Sorry for the dumb question

5 Likes

No dumb questions :slight_smile: ELR Forum Founding Members is “Folks who joined ELR in its first year, from Feb 2015 to Feb 2016, and are still around.” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have been using the calculator since it was born, that’s it.
But then a couple of months ago, i start looking at the forum, start writing in some of my old and new recipes (still have a lot) and made a small donation and here I am.
I like this place, it seems even we don’t believe in the same things, people still talks and respect each other, that I really like and that’s the reason I’m still here.
My life is to short for forums where people talk trash and don’t respect each other and the rules… Love this :blush:

Well done folks :muscle:t2:

9 Likes

Yep just be sure not to spend a lot of time in that saloon Lars is talking about. :wink:

4 Likes

Idk what ur talking about :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Probably better that way…

4 Likes

Oh right on. Just saw that I started Feb 2015,so I would be eligible then.

4 Likes

Sometimes yes…

4 Likes

Actually, @paingawd is the person who mentioned a saloon yesterday in this thread.

4 Likes

Ah. I saw this and didn’t read ‘up’.

4 Likes

I saw them both​:innocent::joy:

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever been in charge of that group - but I think it’s meant for forum participation, but I could be mistaken! If it’s just by your ELR account age, then you are definitely eligible :smiley:

@Kinnikinnick @Silhouette @JoJo do you remember how the forum founder’s group is managed?!

5 Likes