What is a good drip atomizer?

I’m looking for a good drip atomizer to taste test ejuice…I bought a pack of bridged atomizers but wasn’t happy with them. Its also possible I wasn’t doing something right…lol. I use a CoolFire 4 mod (6-40 watts). Also, I’m not a rebuilder, so something ready to go out of the package is what I’m looking for. So what is a good dripper to get, and what wattage should I use it at? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

RDA’s (rebuildable dripping atomizers) are one of those things that kinda requires you to be a person that twists his/her own coils and installs them into the atomizer. There really is no “out of the box” RDA. Some RDA’s come with coils already mounted, but I wouldn’t trust those to be useful. The process is really not that difficult once you have the tools and supplies.

To be continued…

3 Likes

You can get prewrapped coils, but you’ll still have to mount them yourself. I have a Magma and a Plume Veil 1.5 w/SS deck that cost me $11 and $20 (both clones) and they’re both pretty easy to work with. If you want super simple, go for the Magma. The PV is a little more tricky to get the coil to sit straight in.

2 Likes

Yep got to do your own but it’s really easy. Get a coil jig that makes it even easier (just an example) you can shop and get one certainly much cheaper. My favorite RDA is the Mutation X V3. Very easy deck to build on and it has tons of adjustable air holes.

2 Likes

Same set I have only in black and I love it! Except, my 2.5mm post doesn’t fit. :frowning: I need to get another one.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies…now I have an idea of what to look for!

1 Like

You can get a workable atomizer for about $8 these days (IGO-W for example; very inexpensive but the sucker works); look for one that comes with a drip tip or buy one; cheap set of jewelers screwdrivers; fingernail clippers; scissors; A-1 kanthal wire (28 gauge); if you can find Japanese cotton, you can buy sterile cotton balls for wick material until you can find Japanese cotton; a 510 thread ohm reader to test the resistance of your coil (very important); and a box of patience!

With this tool box of stuff, then You watch building videos on the YouTube x a bazillion.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jimk … kind of have a feeling the box of patience will be the hardest to find…but then, you never know! :wink:

No problems! I went from an ego twist and simple replaceable twist in atomizers (2.5 ohm) into a clearomizer tank to a Genesis style (stainless steel mesh and wire) set up. It was very frustrating for a while, but once I got the hotspots out of the coil it was a beautiful thing! Setting up drippers is infinitely easier!!!

1 Like

Rda’s are built around the idea or building your own coils, please don’t let the word "building’ to confuse you with a complicated process it’s very simple…VERY
Now you can get fancy ‘build’ wrap a coil that’s multilayer but it’s not necessary.best of luck to ya

1 Like

@601VaPoRs Thanks!

1 Like