What is the best recipe you've made that's a shake n vape!

I’ve been playing around with Sugar cone by OOO today http://oneononeflavors.com/products/sugar-cone-flavored-liquid-concentrate

I really like the flavor but it does seem to remind me of TFA waffles off the bottle smell.

I liked this one as a shake n vape so I thought I’d share it, don’t know what it’ll taste like in a week or two but it’s good to go now !

Buttered sugar cone

Ingredient %
Beignets (OOO) 2.27
Sugar Cone (OOO) 3.5
Vanilla Butternut (FW) 2.27

Flavor total: 8.03%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

I also just got Beignets from OOO http://oneononeflavors.com/search?q=beignets

It has a ton of potential while most ppl may feel this is going to be similar to Joy FA I really don’t get that at all. It is much better imo.

So I went about making my own darn cornish cream tea since I can’t seem to get it anywhere but from the UK ( however ECX is pondering it so I read )

this one is good as a shake n vape as well it isn’t overly fruity just enough to get the SB with the Beignets on inhale then the mixture of the wafer and vanilla then on exhale is Nude Nicotines beautiful Chamomile tea that is a Vg based flavor https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/chamomile2/

Beignets w/ tea

Ingredient %
Beignets (OOO) 2.8
Butter Lemon (OOO) 1.26
Chamomile (NN) 2.8
Cream (Milky Undertone) (OOO) 2.76
Marshmallow (Vanilla) (OOO) 1.76
Ripe Strawberry (OOO) 3
Vanilla wafer - One on One 1.76

Flavor total: 16.13%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

I don’t think any recipe is shake and vape. I really hate that term and its spreading like a cancer. 80% of the recipes I read say "great shake and vape. Flavors need 2 weeks to calm down and flower to their full potential. Even if you just mixed 1 flavor… it takes time for it to marry with vg and pg. There is no way around it. I think we need to instill this into every new person because I see it getting out of hand. Some are even getting out of diy because recipes don’t taste good right away. Some may taste ok right way but it’s still not at its peak. I was gonna start a thread about the cancer term “Shake and Vape” and see what everyone opinions are about it. I know Wayne from diy or die touched on it in one of his videos and said 99.9% of recipes need 2 weeks period. This is just my opinion, how do you guys feel about it, and how do you see this nonexistent phrase catching on?

3 Likes

Shake and Vape is Not a New term by any means it’s been around for years. I rarely make them any more mainly because I rarely taste my flavors until a month later. I’m a big fan of steeping and certainly agree with you that all things really and truly need time to " marry " But on the flip side there are many and I mean many of juices I’ve missed the mark by letting them sit for too long. Delicate profiles are missed and can not be replenished after a certain period.

Shake n vapes are fun for the beginner it gives them confidence to continue on and through this their skills strengthen. So I don’t agree with you as far as putting a bad rap to them. They do serve a purpose. If you were to make a SnV and it tasted great spot on what you wanted and you enjoy it a few weeks great! That few weeks you enjoyed it lets many other juices get the time to steep. This is a huge point on SnV they have a place in DIY.

I realize more than most aren’t going to be the same it’ll change but if you put that out there on your recipe and someone decides to make 100 mls of it well that’s on them they made that decision…one I would not tell others to do. SnV tend to be best in smaller quantities for this main reason.

Althogether, they’re fun and it’s truly a taste is subjective issue with everyone as always.

6 Likes

What @Amy2 said. Definitely.

There ARE decent shake-n-vapes. No doubt and they are needed, especially
for newcomers that don’t have a ‘stash’ built up yet.

Taste is soooooo subjective, I dont’ think there are any (or VERY few) steadfast rules for
mixing. Some recipes really need a good steep to get even a decent flavor, but there are some
you can mix and go with right away.

2 Likes

More annoying IMO, is this insistence on 2-week+ steep times for every other liquid that might have a bit of cream in there. Not every mix requires that kind of time. I wonder sometimes are people just claiming this required time because it’s the done thing? or are they actually testing this along the way thoroughly? Sure some recipes need a lot of time, but I’ve mixed up some of those recipes that claimed “4 weeks minimum!!!” and tbh, they tasted as good after a week as they did at 4. Of course there are “shake’n’vape” juices. they are just as tried and tested. They exist because mixers love to have stuff to vape while their creams grow mushrooms in dark cupboards :smiley:

1 Like

That’s just the normal time frame for flavors to calm down and come to their full potential. No way around it. Some are ok in their raw form when all the molecules are bouncing around everywhere and you have that chemical aftertaste. But to each his own. And yes it is the normal time frame for recipes to come to life. Notes notes and notes, daily testing and notes again for everyday a recipe is on its way to being ready. I have a journal almost full just on each single flavor and when it tastes the best in the steeping process, and I have another just for recipes so I can take notes on them as well. This is not a hobby for the impatient. Just the way it is…

1 Like

I respectfully disagree. Now I never just shake and vape, everything gets 30 min in the USC which gets it nice and warm and allows even thick VG mixes to get very fluid, but even still there are some mixes I will vape right after that and flavor is just fine. IF you like a strong peppermint, TPA’s is a great solo shake and vape. Probably because there’s only 1 or 2 flavor molecules in it, so other than letting the alcohol evaporate out, there’s very little going to happen in a steep.

There are plenty of examples in this thread of more complicated recipes that at least one person says tastes just fine from day 1. You aren’t trying to say all these people are wrong?

2 Likes

I stated clearly, no reason to twist things around to make me sound like I’m saying everybody is this post is wrong.

1 Like

Sorry, I hadn’t read your second post when I wrote that. My bad.

2 Likes

Hi Amy2, Why is it I get “No such recipe exist” when I follow any of the links you have here? My surgery is first thing in the morning so I’m burning the midnight oil trying to make some more juices last minute here just to keep me busy cause I’m to nervous to sleep tonight, I’ll get more than enough sleep tomorrow anyway! :mask:

2 Likes

Sorry about that I have either sold it, deleted it or changed the recipe. I have been trying to replenish as I do have many that aren’t in rotation anymore.

2 Likes

Right, who a nice mix up with no weird, uncommon flavourings that would be good next day? Shoot …

2 Likes

weird uncommon flavors who dat ? hee hee

2 Likes

I mean like pureed lambs liver and that sort of thing, lol … nah, like uncommon fruits that your average newer mixer wouldn’t have on hand say

2 Likes

Do you have FA ?

look at JoJo’s post # 123 it’s a TFA SB cheesecake adaption by @SthrnMixer he may can give his recipe I can’t seem to find it on this thread atm. but jojo’s adaption looks easy enough.

1 Like

Just got a couple of theirs, have their marshmallow and butterscotch. I mostly buy Cap and TFA/TPA, but I’m learning what are good subs when i look up recipes :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Sounds pretty good, I’m out of strawberry ripe atm, think I have everything else

I have a few fruits laying idle atm, Golden pineapple, Mango, Juicy peach, sweet strawberry, blueberry and a little banana cream left. I’ve whipped up a few fruity shakes that were good after a couple of days, but I’m up for any new ideas

2 Likes

Well you can always add it later ! At least it’d be sweet sb with cheesecake !

1 Like