What is the oldest E-Liquid you vaped? Can you beat my 12 year old juice?

There are a lot of myths about the aging of E-Liquid and how long are you able to vape it.

I by accident ended up vaping a 12 year old E-Juice, if the manufacturing date is correct.
From the ICE Monster Melon Colada I can taste -apart from the present sweetener- pineapple and coconut, a very little melon and a slight hint of ice on the exhale.
I am not sure, if the Nic level is still 6mg/ml, but all in all it’s not bad.
Here the setup showing today’s date to avoid any idea of alternative news:
How is your experience with old ejuice? Did you vape something older? Is it like a whiskey and gets better with time? Do we need to bring steeping to an whole other level?

6 Likes

I once vaped a Birch Beer juice that was three years old. It was NOT a joyous occasion.

Twelve years is best reserved for single malt whisky, not e-juice!

10 Likes

I mixed up a Donut that tasted like playdoh so I just forgot about it. A year later I found it, and it was delicious. Unfortunately by that time I’d thrown the recipe away!

7 Likes

The juice may be OK to vape, but don’t expect any potency with the NIC oxidizing that long. I’ve gone I think three years as the oldest I’ve tried. You definitely have me beat!

4 Likes

Wow! You dug up some time capsule and this was in it? :flushed:

3 Likes

No time capsule, but a really cheap clearance price on juice. I assume it was so cheap since it did not sell for a long time. :rofl:

4 Likes

IDK, strange, is that a date? I believe Monster Vape Labs was founded in 2014 :face_with_monocle:

And Ice Monster is one of their Newest Lines ?

4 Likes

I had to pull out my Blackberry Jam Monster from my juice cabinet, Batch No. is followed by Born on date in 00/00/00 format. Looks like your missing the Born on Date, May be a collector’s item, sorta like Fur Babies with mis-printed tags🤪

5 Likes

I am open for offers! :rofl:

3 Likes

Hehe, I hate that @Steve68. Been there, done that. You are not alone.

4 Likes

What I find amazing is the fact you have a Wismec Squonker that still works and looks new.

6 Likes

I think they messed up that date. I just checked mine and it says12172004.

My assumption would then have to be December 2017, batch 2004. Or 17 December 2020, batch 04.

Regardless no much of a fan of this. Anyone in CPT ZA come grab for free, about 80% left.

4 Likes

Well, I was looking for some info on old flavors, not juice, but I once vaped an old (maybe 5-6 yrs) Velvet Cloud honeydew melon. It was very good so I put it in my fridge to see if I could save it. It was given to me by a friend who vaped very high nic so I couldn’t handle too much at a time. I think it’s still in the fridge :crazy_face: Maybe I should pull it out and try it again. That would make it maybe 9-10 yrs old now?

Anyway, back to why I came here. Does anyone have information on the shelf life of flavors? I have some that are 3 and 4 years old and was wondering if I should replace the ones most likely to use again? I ask because I recently mixed some Buttercream (CAP) and I thought it had a sour taste to it. I didn’t mix it at an overly high percentage or anything just didn’t taste right. I keep my flavors in drawers or at the bottom of my closet.

4 Likes

While on the subject of old flavors, I’m trying to avoid just that. I’m thinking that maybe I should stop buying flavors like I’m in a candy store with an unlimited cash flow and just buy the ones I’ll need in my next recipe(s). I thought my flavor stash was too long to begin with and now I’m discovering flavors that I forgot to add to my stash list. I’m overwhelmed with flavors that might be going bad on me. I hate waste :angry:

4 Likes

I had a couple of 120ml bottles of “Uncle Junks Jon Wayne” stashed for around 2 years which i forgot about.
I just opened a bottle 3 days ago and it still tasted fine. And it was 12mg nic.
Was very surprised about that.
They must use some top notch nic

5 Likes

I’ve got some old bottles of Ruthless Menages Trois, 85% vg and it has held up fine. Picked it up for .50 cents a 15 mil, 40+ bottles! I’m eyeballing your squonker, do you recommend it?

1 Like

Just bought a second Topside Dual from Vapor DNA, so if you are interested in the Wismec send me an pm.

1 Like

Did you get the regular topside or the yihi chipset?

1 Like

I stayed with the regular chipset.

1 Like

And you are happy with it? I have been considering these, but… What about this link? IPV Revo

1 Like