What is the reason for [insert mm here] size ID? What's your favorite?

Lol. But then itll burn my wick lol its only in a tiny kanger rba :stuck_out_tongue: after getting so used to my aromamizer v1, going back to this one feels like hitting a slightly suped up evod2 lol airflow is way more restricted than im used to

1 Like

If ya go down to 2mm id will give ya back the air flow. And jw do you always seat the coil what I’d call backwards. If you flip the coil around would be alot easier to seat. But do gota give ya props 2.5 mm with a chunky coil like that is very impressive.

No its 2mm and if i flip it, it sits too high. Its already very close to the casing all around as is. Camera adds 5lbs i guess… Kanger rba is tiny bro lol not much room to play on

1 Like

Not only just hot spots on space coils, when I do not have the dual coils firing simultaneously, I understand I have to pinch the coils which I did and it helps to get them to fire simultaneously by pinching but by the end of it, I got contact coils. :grinning:
I have this problem because I love using 28AWG.

Never had that problem with my spaced coils. I mount them, then brush them with the back of my metal tweezers, fire them up and it’s all good.

3 Likes

Probably my space is too wide, ok will try again.

If your having trouble spaceing them try using a wood screw. This will space your coil out evenly. Just wrap it around the threads and reverse the screw out.

7 Likes

Good idea, Will look around for the required diameter screws. - thanks!

2 Likes

I like that idea alot :slight_smile: havebt gotten around to trying it yet but i did read that on here, maybe you said it before, not sure lol

1 Like

It’s not my idear but i think it will help in this case. Can’t do any harm to try. :yum:

1 Like

Found this nifty chart displaying “root diameter”, or the diameter between the threads. Of course will need to convert measurement to mm but its a good start.

4 Likes

Heres the metric version.
http://www.shender4.com/thread_chart.htm

4 Likes

“I am not sure what would cause hot spots on a spaced coil.”

The only thing that comes to mind is that there would almost have to be a defect in the manufacturing process (ie: not enough of one metal, or too much of another in a given portion of the run while it was being extruded etc)

Edit: assuming a single wire (eg: 26ga ss) is used

1 Like

I had to go way down memory lane and dug up my old posts. It was @SthrnMixer who posted that here originally. He’s got it from Youtube or something like that. I’ve been using screws for my spaced coils ever since. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Yeah that sounds right. It was quite a while ago that I saw it. Couldnt remember who had said it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup, it was me. But you know what? That was then when I was using things like 28ga. I remember clearly the first time @Pro_Vapes posted a photo of his TF-R2 build with those dual 22ga spaced coils. That was art! When he explained how he did it I started using that method and found it works great on any wire and it’s all I do nowadays. Once their wound, spread 'em then push 'em back together. All good! Uhh, we’re still talking about coils :slight_smile:

7 Likes