What is the world coming to? RESPECT our Nurses and Doctors

There’s a new directive from my work QLD Health (Australia) for us not to wear our uniforms in public, that came out late today.

This is a great community so the people I see around here I would not expect this sort of behaviour but this needs to get out there.

5 Likes

That really is disgusting behaviour towards people who are risking their lives for the public :rage:

I hope that if people see this behaviour they will call others out - it’s just not on!

4 Likes

There will be many more stories like this. Nasty breed of people!
Those healthcare workers are putting their lives on the line for us every single day.

6 Likes

We are going to need extra security inside the hospital too, I’ve already heard of many other nurses being abused by patients and we are only ramping up now.

These will also be the first patients to complain about the care they receive when the system can’t cope. Then while we deal with that, some nice, person in the other bed will miss out.

4 Likes

Luckily I don’t see much of that here. Media is making a thing of celebrating healthcare workers right now. Every day on the news there’s a section with people sending in videos of them praising all the people putting their own lives at risk to save people in need. You see white towels hanging from every other window, even our king raised a white flag on the royal palace for you guys. A lot of people sitting at home offer to do groceries etc for the ones that are working overtime right now. You deserve all the respect for what you do.

8 Likes

Yeah it’s probably more seen on the inside and not really spoken about. I was a bit of an angry ant when I got home from work today and needed to vent.

Don’t get me wrong the bulk of patients aren’t like that and show the upmost respect.

5 Likes

@marsh8 is this limited to the UK, as I haven’t heard or seen any of that over in the US.

3 Likes

Our lives have already been greatly disrupted and everyone is adjusting differently. No-one needs this additional ostracism.

I have hope that people will come to accept that life as we know it has changed & not take it out on each other.

Time will tell.

:hugs:

4 Likes

I’m in Australia, the land of the convicts and things that bite and kill ya! :crazy_face:
But I have heard more coming out of the UK, I heard of one ICU nurse getting bashed in the US at a shop, can’t find the article now.
If you didn’t guess nurses are big on the gossip. :rofl:

6 Likes

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. That reminds me of the time I fell 23 feet and landed on a concrete slab and busted my body pretty good. I was in the emergency room for 8 hours without being seen to but the lady that stubbed her toe was seen right away because she didn’t stop making a scene. I never said a word. When my girlfriend showed up she got the place hopping. :laughing: :laughing: :rofl: Fond memories…

4 Likes

We used to see that all the time with my mum in law. She would always say “i’m Fine” would be as quiet as a mouse in Emergency until hubby and his brother arrived :joy:
She was like that at home too, made it hard to tell how much pain she was really in.

3 Likes

Wtf why would they be treated this way ? That’s crazy

4 Likes

Here in the U.S. after 9/11, firemen and police offers were respected as a “thank you” for representing those that put themselves on the line and gave their lives to save others. I would hope that any doctor, nurse doing the same anywhere on this planet right now deserves the same. Bless them all.

6 Likes

They are true heroes offering their health and lifes to save all other people.

3 Likes