What kind of bottle labeling works well for you?

I have been using these easy peel removable sticky labels from EBay U.K. that come in A4 sheets with individual labels on of your preferable size.
They are pretty good and make removing labels a doddle because they fall off easily when soaked in hot water. I have had occasions where they haven’t stuck properly to the plastic bottles and have fell off but it’s rare and mostly due to something like e liquid getting on the outside of the bottle before attaching them.

4 Likes

I use the P-touch PT-C200 you can get it on E-bay for $10 used to $30 new or Amazon as well as many other places it uses 1/2" tape cartridge that I buy on E-bay for about $5.00 for colors down to deals of 4 or 5 for $10 for black on white

with this P-touch you can make single row or dual row labels I’m cheap so I will wash out the bottles and mix the same juice as the labels so I can just put a short label with the new date on the bottle covering the date of the previous use

7 Likes

@pegasus First, welcome to the forum. Second, thanks for the info on the label maker. I was going to get one because I started out with hand written labels (and my printing sucks), but my job got me an all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax to work from home. So I just use Avery 16790 labels with it, and it seems to work fine for me. I keep it simple, with a name, list of flavors and percentages, nic percentage and date.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @pegasus. Your Sparkling Apple Peach Wine has piqued my interest.

5 Likes

It is a simple recipe I found here on ELR by @Shaner all FA flavors. Fuji Apple 2%, Peach White 2%, Vienna Cream .5% Wine Champagne 2% I didn’t have the peach so I used a combination of 4 different peach flavors that I have. I really like it. I would put it into my top 4 out of about 11 now that I have going. It has a surprising amount of flavor for the low percentage of flavorings.

5 Likes

@shaner had some GREAT mixes @pegasus.

A lot of that has to do with the FA flavors, as they are stronger than average, but also his mixing still where the flavors worked together.

2 Likes

I use 3m label tape and write on it with a marker then put a piece of scotch tape over that.

4 Likes

EXACTLY! Me too!:slightly_smiling_face: Or just a fine point sharpie with some scotch tape over it, does everything I need it to do!

4 Likes

I’m definitely giving that a try, though the closest thing I have on my desk is a surgical marker for tattooing.

3 Likes

Welcome to ELR @bob84.

5 Likes

Hey! Thanks! And thank you for all you do with flavor testing and notes, I’d be lost without them!!:facepunch:t2: I’ve been lurking for a loooongtime but I’m finally trying to get in here :slightly_smiling_face: I’m such a caveman with this stuff lol

8 Likes

Avery water resistant circle stickers and Adobe Illustrator.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Bob84. Welcome OUT of the lurking, and glad to hear some of these notes have helped out.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

5 Likes