What kind of bottle labeling works well for you?

I’ve been using self adhesive file folder labels and just writing on them with fine line permanent markers. My biggest problem is that as soon as any juice drips onto them, they run and smear. One nice thing about them is that they are easy to remove. I only mix for my own use, so they don’t need a professional appearance. I’m especially interested in other low tech labeling ideas.

8 Likes

Just put a piece of clear tape over the label, no more smears. I just use plain labels and cover with tape.

13 Likes

Painters tape and a fine point magic marker. That’s all I’ve ever done for years.

15 Likes

I use 19 x 12mm sticky labels and a biro: One small label for the name and date of the blend. I’ll grace it with a coloured sticker if I didn’t add nicotine.

Simple but works.

10 Likes

I use these things
https://www.amazon.com/WATERPROOF-STICKER-PRINTER-SHEETS-RESISTANT/dp/B07W3P83NN#immersive-view_1624462676174
But local brand
Write on it with waterproof pen, these kind
https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Pigment-Painting-Supplies-Resistant/dp/B0758PR8FK
Also local brand

7 Likes

This is what I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Phomemo-Portable-Thermal-Bluetooth-Organization/dp/B08DNLJDVF

9 Likes

Are those labels for the Samuel Jackson line of juices?

10 Likes

Same, same.

I’ve used a few methods and settled on painter’s tape. It’s the fastest and easiest I’ve found. When the ink fades or smears I pull a pen and write over it.

10 Likes

I also use painter’s tape. It hardly leaves any residue …

11 Likes

I use whatever scrap paper I have. Got 15-30-60ml bottles and cut to size. Scotch tape to bottles. I’m cheap.

11 Likes

Masking tape with jagged ends.

11 Likes

@CCS I use two types of labels. One for sales, and one for personal or testing. For sales, I use the Brother Wireless printer with continuous tape. For stones, testers, personal, I use Chroma Kraft removable round labels.

11 Likes

Just cheap as chips white stickers from the $2 shop and write on them.
Usually just flavour (and percentages if a SFT) and date of mixing.
I only mix for my son and I so no need for anything else.

He was going to do something on his computer but that never materialized for whatever reason and he hasn’t mentioned it for ages.

8 Likes

I use a sharpie right on the bottle, cover with scotch tape. The marker comes off clean when I remove the tape if I want to reuse the bottle.

10 Likes

Huh-huhhh, I like the sound of that sir. I’m gonna give it a go.

6 Likes

I just use a DYMO thermal label printer. Bought it cheap with a heap of labels and works ok. The labels can be a bit more work to get off, but the print quality is pretty good and they last well on the bulk (500ml) bottles.

6 Likes

Masking tape, painters tape, back or receipt with scotch or packers tape. I have used xmas labels lol. The filmy metallic ones peal off nicely.

6 Likes

I use Avery Labels #22816. They have a great template system. They adhere well and to protect from eliquids ruining the label, I apply a layer of clear packing tape over the label. The attached pic is my fave Caramel Coffee and Yes- that’s 1/3 of a milligram! (.3 mg)

Hope this helps with your request.

Take Care,
Melziemae

EL Labels|146x356

2 Likes

When I’m lazy I use a scrap piece of paper and cellophane tape.

otherwise I use a Brother P-touch Cube Bluetooth label maker. The labels are plastic or plastic coated. They will not fade or smear. They stick to bottles yet can be easily removed without leaving behind any residue. That is why I choose that label maker. And the printer is portable, can be battery operated or plugged into outlet. I use my phone, don’t need a PC. The downside is that the label rolls are pricey and I have to be careful not to waste any.

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @melziemae1.

2 Likes