What to do with a Clotted Cream

This …I’ll say smells
FREAKING AWESOME!
But where and how and with what? any ideas?

7 Likes

All public recipes

7 Likes

I use it just like any other cream. Do the SFT and figure out where it will fit in with your other flavors. I pulled up some of my existing recipes that use various creams and subbed in the Clotted.

10 Likes

THE most famous combo in UK??? Strawberries and clotted cream or Strawberries CC and scones. aleays used to eat it in Cornwall.

I haven’t got it, but I’d watch out on how much butter it’s got, CC is very buttery…
If it is buttery, I’d also think about using it with mascapone, Mocca and a biscuit to make a tiramisu.

13 Likes

Biscuit, clotted cream, strawberries…

10 Likes

I haven’t yet found anything the clotted cream doesn’t goes with. Use low to support a light cream, use higher for cheesecake, yogurt, and bakery.

12 Likes

Mmmmmm, why does that make me want Creamy, Caramelly Graham Crackers now @Letitia.

10 Likes

I’m going to try Clotted with the Caramel Biscuit. Both are new to me so it’s probably trial and error time.

9 Likes

Great idea, I haven’t tried out the caramel biscuit I bought several months ago. Maybe with a smidge of the bakery orange I haven’t played with yet.

8 Likes

Traditionally, clotted cream is made with unpasteurized cream, but that’s illegal to sell in the US. In the U.S, clotted cream would be classed as butter due to its high fat content… Clotted cream has a unique taste, often described as being similar to a high-quality unsalted butter. It can also have nutty notes from the milk’s long cooking time. When it comes to texture, clotted cream could be compared to softened cream cheese, with the richness falling somewhere between butter and whipped cream

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, I just got the Caramel Biscuit in the other day :+1:

11 Likes

Thanks for the insight everyone! now I’ll get into it!!

8 Likes

Spot on advice!

7 Likes

I tried the clotted cream with caramel biscuit and some cornish cream too! see how it turns out??

9 Likes

Be careful with that Bakery Orange SSA it’s amazing but to me it’s a strong one it can easily overtake everything.

7 Likes