What to enter this as

I have got some of this on the way and am unsure of db entry to use

A separate flavour to

Best option i can find is

Am i missing something or is this just a really new flavour.

3 Likes

Just change to TPA and you’re fine, they’re old flavours

4 Likes

Correct! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I never got this either, but the Caramel one came later. They have both on BCF.

4 Likes

Ok, they are two different flavors, looked on their spec sheet and the DDL Caramel is separate and has fewer ingredients.

5 Likes

Did you order it from chefs? Just double-check your invoice to see which one you ordered.

3 Likes

Definitely getting the caramel one.
Its just recepies goes from almost 26k with original to 6 with caramel version, was wondering if there is another listing hiding somewhere.

4 Likes

Unlike what the picture shows, the regular one is most definitely a caramel flavor. I never had dulce de leche (food) before I tasted it and boy was I in for a surprise :wink:
Afterwards I bought a jar and man, that stuff put some weight on my belly! Friggin delicious!

6 Likes

@GuernseyNick it sounds a little odd, but I always got Chocolate notes from the Original flavor, the Caramel version seems like a pretty solid flavor. It was a little hard to use in some recipes although it was pretty darn decent.

3 Likes

I have a sticky toffee pudding recipe waiting for it, hope it turns out ok

4 Likes

It’s very easy to make if you’re interested and have some spare time.
Ingredients:

• 1 can sweetened condensed milk, label removed

Instructions:

1. If the can has a pull tab, lift the tab very carefully and slowly, just until the seal of the can pops with a tiny hole – you don’t want to open the can more than this much. If your can doesn’t have a pull tab, pop the seal with a tiny pinch of a can opener.
  2. Place the can in a medium stainless steel sauce pot (do not use non-stick or enamel-coated) and pour water about 3/4 the way up the can.
  3. Bring water to a simmer over medium-low to medium heat and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, replenishing the water level every 30 minutes or so. Don’t worry if the milk bubbles out of the can – only a few tablespoons will be lost.
  4. Let the can cool completely. Open the can stir and dulce de leche to achieve a consistent thickness. Either use immediately or store the dulce de leche to an airtight container (keep refrigerated).

Yields: ~ 1 1/2 cups

5 Likes

I’m no hero in the kitchen, but I think I can manage that :smiley:
Thanks for the tip! I’ll give it a try today.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thanks Dell!!!

2 Likes

Made this about 4 mos ago. I’m not real fond of condensed milk so I was skeptical but I got a sludgey, sweet base topping for adding to ice cream.
TPA’s concentrate is pretty close…minus the sludge part.

2 Likes

Dude! That is brilliant that’s just yeah brilliant

1 Like