What would you do if? ( flavor subs)

heres what i did , as excited as i was , im a little bummed the recipe is ok , but i have been inspired to come up with a Guava /lime vape

4 Likes

I have made that guava lime recipe many times, great recipe, I sub the limes at the same percentage, but I have the original inw lime, I have made it with both limes and works really well with either, I really can’t tell much of a difference, the key to this recipe is the super bright citrus I get from pink guava, that is the main player in this one, as far as dragon fruits go inw is quite a bit different than tfa’s so I would either lower it with inw or go with a more milder dragon fruit, I think the cactus and dragon fruit are way in the background and used more for a wetness, although I can taste cactus at pretty low %, Tfa dragon fruit is really cheap and used in a ton of recipes, I use it to enhance more than anything, I just mix for myself and a few others and I already used about 5 oz. of tfa dragon fruit in the last year. I think it is a must have for most.

5 Likes

I think the limes are pretty important in this one, I don’t think that the Lime Tahity would be strong enough to fill in for flv or inw. I recommend also if you do try the original and like it only make enough to have gone in a month, as it starts to fade after about 1-1/2 months, and does not have the initial zest.

5 Likes

awesome ill make the next 30ml with the FLV instead of FA , its nice to know you have tried it , its not a horrible recipe and i dont see where its harsh , but that harshness cld possibly come from the two flaves i had to sub , i think adding a cream would help layer the flavors a bit but ill try it again then go where id like to see the guava / lime combo be ty for the advice

5 Likes