What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023

You perhaps got a recipe for that Smashie?..Recipe sharing forum after all :innocent:

8 Likes

I can do. Do you prefer a more modern absinthe and the resulting drink or a hyper-traditional one? The traditional is very bitter and potent: that’s why it was drunk with sugar and water.

6 Likes

Well honestly after vaping the 30ml tester all the way through it was pretty good but the cream milky undertone didnt do it justice. So it didnt bring the boys to the yard :man_shrugging:t2: It was solid but that did stand out a little too much in the background. So ill mix it again without it so on to this again. Not changing anything except removing the cream mu (ooo)

7 Likes

Hopefully it turns out better. Obviously it’s not a style of vape where I can offer much when it comes to advice.

4 Likes

Sorry it took so long for a review been a little busy. I can definitely say that it’s different. I like it though it is a little bready and strawberry forward, I usually use pudding base @ around .50% with a custard to help fill out the mouthfeel. It makes a custard more pudding like. At 1.50 it starts to get a bready note almost like a soggy bread pudding. Also I would probably come down to under 1% on milkshake base, it’s got a lot of malty notes but definitely works in building a pudding. The use of warm custard is really good, I also like that you used the glazed strawberry, it is a bit forward though. You might want to consider VT Strawberry Milk as part of your pudding base, it tastes like a bottle of powdered strawberry nesquick. It would work great to flavor the pudding because it will sit in the background and allow the glazed strawberry to sit up front. You could also try VT creamy custard 3:1 with warm custard though it may create a banana note in the background. Creamy custard tastes has a pudding like texture but it tastes like a mild banana taffy.

7 Likes

I remembered that this one was really good back when I created it in 2020. And I had a craving for chocolate and strawberries this morning. Definitely best 1 hour after the shake because as it steeps the chocolate custard will start to overtake the strawberries.

Chocolate Pudding topped w/fresh strawberries

Chocolate Custard (VTA) 2.00
Chocolate Mousse (VTA) 1.50
Glazed Strawberries (VTA) 3.00
Pudding Base (VTA) 0.50
Sweet Cream (VTA) 0.75
Sweet Mate (VTA) 0.25
Warm Custard (VTA) 1.00

9 Likes

This Duomei Fruit Loops is underwhelming , too thin …Next test Ill be using Cp Fruit Rings paired with the Duomei…Maybe the pair will make a good base and help bring the pct used down on Cap…Really hoping this was a fluke if i rated flavorings with a score this would be 2.5/5 average

9 Likes

I assume most Wormwood available today is severely tamed down because of the presence of thujone. I’ve seen Absinthe glamorized because of the hallucinating effects thujone causes. But I suppose it’s a good thing real Absinthe has been outlawed; otherwise people would would be flipping the fuck out.

7 Likes

Well, commercial absinthe and bitters (wormwood is present in most traditional bitters too from the bitters used as mixers to potent digestifs) tend to use a wormwood extract in order to avoid the risks of thujone. But when using pure dried wormwood, it’s still there. Being one who is no stranger to tripping balls, I do enjoy a potent tipple to ease me into sleep.

Tomorrow, I may make time to make anise and clove throat drops. I also love my traditional candies.

6 Likes

Had this little Gem on the shelf since 3/11… Yummmmy!!

Golden F.N. Oreo : Check cookies?

1.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
1.50% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
1.00% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
2.00% Sugar Cookie (CAP)
1.00% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 6.5%
Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

12 Likes

Oh, and here I thought it was some type of heart tonic.

6 Likes

well the ingredients match digestif bitters, so can be used for calming and gut health. I tend to add the non-alcohol version to my soda water during the day and it’s always helped keeping me feeling cool all day.

As I live in a majority Muslim area, herbs and digestif bitters are very easy to access.

7 Likes

traditional of course, assuming that would be your wizardly advice?

6 Likes

Okey dokey, here’s the easiest way without having access to your own distillation set up or a bevy of nubile Cubans.

First you need a 70% ABV spirit: neutral grain spirt is the most common here in the UK, Ever Clear for American surreal killers and Sprytus for Europeans. You just need to ensure that it is watered down to 69-70%: this is the best concentration to infuse aromatics with.

For the quantities, I suggest going for a lighter infusion to start with, then it is easier to adjust later.

for a 70cl bottle adding one tablespoon of wormwood, 2 or 3 10cm sprigs of fresh mint (peppermint, spearmint or wild are all fine and your personal tastes should lead your choices.) For rosemary, a 10cm spring sprig is better, though if you only have access to older plants, then 15cm is a better starting point. The amount of anise depends on how much you like Pernod or Ouzo, I tend to go high with up to 30g, while my cloves usage depends on any oral pain I have. As I have had to remove a broken molar and will have to take out another wisdom at the weekend, I bumped it up to 15g ( so 3 teaspoons if you are eyeballing it all). The ginger is to taste too (I can go to 20g in winter and as low as 5g in summer). I prefer using unwashed root peelings myself as it can cause a few short-lived secondary fermentation cycles if the herbs are tightly packed.

Once you have packed in the herbs, poured in the spirit, then leave it to steep for as long as you can tolerate. A longer steep will help to let all the flavours mature, and you can just top up the bottle with a wash or water to make a digestif: I have drunk bottles which were 5 years old, carefully removed the spirit with the aid of my digestive tract and then refilled with water to make a badass herbal.

Hopefully that covers enough of the basics to give it a go.

Obviously I assume no liability for any losses incurred through attempting wizardly drinks. Although, I do assume full ownership of any assets, tangible or intangible acquired as a result of you drinking it. Your home is at risk of possession (physically and/or spiritually) if you engage in open invitations while under the influence any recipe or advise provided.

13 Likes
12 Likes

You’re a sick puppy @Rocky02852 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Mixing this up one last time since VT Red Dates has been discontinued.

It’s Not A Cookie it’s a Newton

Acetyl Pyrazine 6% (VTA) 0.25
Butter Base (VTA) 0.25
Cinnamon Donut (One Shot) (VTA) 3.00
Fig (VTA) 0.75
Pudding Base (VTA) 1.50
Raw Sugar (VTA) 0.50
Red Dates (VTA) 2.50
Sweet Mate (VTA) 0.25

I took inspiration from AlfredPudding’s Concrete Newton recipe with the use of VT Red Dates and VT Fig but being me I had to go full on VT with it. So to create the cookie part of the newton I used VT Cinnamon Donut with VT Pudding Base, VT Butter Base, VT Raw Sugar and VT Acetyl Pyrazine to build a cake type cookie. And yes off the shake it has a strong Anise note from the Fig but by giving it a long steep the fig looses that anise note and blends with the red date to create a thick jammy fig newton filling.

10 Likes

My thx and I will 'give ‘er a go’. Unfortunately, unlike your good self, I live in the wilds of Scotia so will have to try to source the magical ingredients on line, but I look forward to reporting back my experience of your devilish brew. :imp:

8 Likes

Wormwood is easy to find on Amazon: If I cannot source it in the wild, I tend to opt for Old India’s offerings. When it comes to raw spice without a stupid mark-up, they are a great resource:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08LVBMK9J?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

If you want to go for something more local, then spruce beer but made from heather but steeped as a spirit would be tempting for me:

I assume that you should be able to get your hands on neutral grain up there. If not, Master of Malt does stock it in 70cl and 5l bottles with free delivery and I have used them if I’m in a rush (obviously most of the price is tax and duty). So, even a minor distillation set-up, so I have heard, would pay for itself in 2 months.

6 Likes

@Rocky02852, @Bob_Bitchen would be proud.

8 Likes