What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023

I am grateful for the follow up and the sources of ingredients… “…minor distillation set-up…” intrigues me so onward!

6 Likes

If you are not going industrial, then an Air Still is a cheap option and does the regulation for you.

This is the easiest way to distil water, essential oils, or your completely legal tax exempt bio-fuel allowance.

My favoured wash yeast is this one. It is also fantastic for making potent drinks e.g. when you really want to make a bottle-matured Scumble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Snake-14-21-Homebrew-Moonshine/dp/B01H799YQ2/ref=pd_vtp_h_pd_vtp_h_sccl_1/262-0809715-2688123?pd_rd_w=f0Wf0&content-id=amzn1.sym.16225f1b-bac2-4141-a623-80a3a4c8dce7&pf_rd_p=16225f1b-bac2-4141-a623-80a3a4c8dce7&pf_rd_r=4V6YEFQXSQ6DZS748NYQ&pd_rd_wg=ip29t&pd_rd_r=554aa0ea-01e6-414d-a2f6-e64204fc9c09&pd_rd_i=B01H799YQ2&psc=1

6 Likes

I have the knowledge for the first part of the process; for more than a decade I was an avid ‘country wine’ maker, I see a new distilling hobby on the horizon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

6 Likes

It’d be interesting to see some of your creations. For me, crisp dry perries and ginger beer are my go to favourites.

6 Likes

Methinks we share some unusual tastes, the Ginger Beer and Perry sound right up my alley…you must be powerfully Capricornian

6 Likes

Well a Dog Year Sagittarian would be more accurate. Although, I doubt that 12% of humanity have a kind of life like mine - It’d the utter chaos

6 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:well it’s not a Tawny Port, it’s pretty good drain cleaner though. I definitely went to high with VT Fig oops. I should have used something like VT Raisin & Rum instead. I think I’ll leave this one to the professionals.

7 Likes

Raisin and Rum (VTA) is a sensible call in adding depth and earthiness.

I have being trying mine and pondering my options on building a viable must before moving forward and sticking to Flavorah.

7 Likes

Hear, hear.

5 Likes

Hip, hip - need a wheelchair.

5 Likes

Dang…should have guessed given all that 9th house stuff you carry

6 Likes

Well, I try to avoid carrying anything other than ideas, the debts of others, and enough to ensure that I’m running on heavy fuel.

6 Likes

I’m going to make it my focus tomorrow and loading it into one of my Asgards for evening pondering.

The must balance and how to handle a mid-tone sweetness, with it limited to there, will be fun.

6 Likes

Hey @SquirrelSmash, Your Mayflower 2022 recipe was featured on Recipe Week | Noted DX the other night :tada:

https://www.youtube.com/live/YkPLCLTgddM?feature=share

7 Likes

Oh, that’s one I haven’t gone back to in a long time.

Do you have a rough timestamp for it - I’ve already queued up my audiobooks and podcasts for tomorrow, so I don’t have the time to sit through it all.

7 Likes

starting at 9:58…

7 Likes

Thank you sir. I will look at in the morning.

6 Likes

It seemed like each time my name comes up - it always ends with ‘What is Lovage Root?’

7 Likes

I’ve never used Lovage Root so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing

5 Likes

Well after some disappointing solos of the vso i decided to throw this together for fun. As the chocolate faded after 4 weeks and really turned out week and going back over notes i realized these are just weak. So i turned up the %’s on all of them. I usually never go over 20% total flavor so this is crazy. Off the shake its alright see where it goes

:roll_eyes::flushed::flushed:

13 Likes