What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? 2023

I spent 2 weeks every year for 10 years mainly in Mansfield and sometimes Canton for work. I found a bar with ~140 different beer and they gave you a card that they’d stamp. I never did fill the card so I can’t remember the prize at the end. My first date with my wife got cancelled due to sitting on the runway at Logan and getting the plane de-iced 3 times.

5 Likes

Mansfield ehhh. They beat us in the div 3 superbowl in 92. Rough loss. But yeah its nice out there and most likely they had a stamp card for a free appetizer. Quite a few did those promotions. The 99 use to do them lol. Fridays had a reward scheme and you get get free food lol.

3 Likes

Does it have the acidity of perique? 759 is generally called Balkan Sobranie, so it should have the perique acidity as it’s a ViPer mix. I agree with you that they probably didn’t use this blend as it is rare and sought after. Like the original Elizabethan Mixture or Three Nuns.

7 Likes

No perique at all here, the producer does not even specify it has basma, they simply say oriental tobaccos (they use izmir).

They have another balkan mixture in stock, which is mostly oriental (izmir), little of virginia and latakia. Perique for most vapers is too weird even if used very low, that’s why producers does not use it a lot in “commercial” mixtures. I vape perique even alone without mixing it with other tobaccos, love at first sight since the first vape.

7 Likes

Well I am also not a normal vaper. Perique is the magical leaf when I used to smoke - as it is the only acidic tobacco. An ability which instantly removes smokers tongue: An ailment caused by overly alkali leaves, like Virginian.

I used to have it neat too in a favoured pipe. I also had what most call a Crowley Blend: pressed St. James Parish Perique which was soaked in rum. Definitely a mad wizard only bowl.

9 Likes

Well its nice when finality happens with a mix. And this one has always had room for improvement when you find a concentrate that will give you what you are missing. In this it was apple jacks fw. Then getting the balance right between everything. But 200ml didnt last long as both my partner and i have been vaping it. So as of today i had to stop as it takes a good 6 weeks for it to get to where it needs to be. So here it is

8 Likes

Thx for clarifying that for me. I still haven’t found a caramel that satisfies my needs and I’ve tried a lot. I can’t judge by what others like but since we seemed to agree on the Custard Cake Base I’m more hopeful.

6 Likes

That custard cake is just bad. One caramel i did like was milk and caramel cream ssa. It like a overly creamed caramel but it is good. And of course there is caramel premium mf. That is really good. I do have issues when i mix with it that the other things kind of hide it when i have like 5-7 other flavors in it.

5 Likes

Congratulations! This is prolly not a recipe I would mix for myself but I can see the work you put into it. Sometimes the mystery flavor turns out to be something I’ve had all along like an old FW or TPA…and that’s all I need :laughing:
Steve Martin The Jerk All I Need GIFs | Tenor

7 Likes

Yeah i seen aj fw at nomz on sale and i was like ooh this might help. Once i start one i kind of get devoted and i cant stop till im literally done. I have two others im so close to being done but i feel so far away and they have been a long process. Sometimes i think its done then after 150ml of vaping it i realize it could use a little more of this so it keeps going lol. I need a way to steep faster sometimes lol.

5 Likes

I did like that one but the cream did take the edge off the caramel for me that I was looking for. The Milk and Caramel Fudge was a bit stronger, imo, but still didn’t hit the mark. I’ll stop or else I’ll get on a caramel rant.

6 Likes

I admire your devotion, wish I could say the same for myself. My motto is “hit it or quit it”. I’ve seen other mixers take my ideas and work them into golden elixirs. I lack the patience.

7 Likes

Well, you could invest in a homogenizer. Not sure where you would get one at a reasonable price since Dan closed up shop. He was offering to sell some of his own pro equipment from when he worked with the company but I’m not sure of the availability at the moment. I can attest to the difference it made for me in steep times, especially when it came to SFT. There are members here who own Dan’s homogenizers who can attest to their efficiency, as well.

7 Likes

If I need to steep something overnight or though out the day, I go old school I go to work throw the bottle on the dash of my car in the wonderful Texas heat and by the time I go home all steeped and ready to go. LoL

7 Likes

Curious…what are your daily drivers re atties? I ask because I see your blends are particularly high in PG, 60 sometimes 70%.

7 Likes

Goons, Asgards and Valhallas are my standard dark and tobacco RDAs. When I go for fruity and cocktail blends, then the Drop 2, Hellbeast and Pulse 24’s do the job nicely. I also go to the Hellbeast when I create a bakery, custard or cream blend.

I hope that helps. The only issue to be mindful of with my high PG blends this the increased risk of a dry hit.

7 Likes

It is a over creamed caramel thats why im on the hunt for another. I am looking forward to the caramel raw and see what it shows. But overall trying to find caramels has been miss more then hit. I have been looking into homogenizers. Trying to see if it will pay for itself.

4 Likes

How the hell did you find footage of me after a weekend off?

7 Likes

It helps satisfy my curiosity. I ask because I have trouble tolerating high PG even in MTL/lower powered devices. I can do 50/50 in a certain range but higher than that I find it harsh on the throat.

ETA: Some nice picks on RDAs :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks. I always work on the principle that mods die quickly but it’s worth spending extra on an RDA as they are almost impossible to kill.

8 Likes