What's people's views on glass or plastic bottles which is best?

awesome job on the labels :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks, my juice sucks so I wanted to at least make the bottles look cool :grimacing:

1 Like

https://www.glassbottleoutlet.com/ should have the polycone caps you need

1 Like

http://www.premiumvials.com/caps-closures/?sort=featured&page=2

1 Like

Glass 99% of the time. Wash and reuse. It doesnā€™t hold onto the flavors. I PIFā€™d my first two unicorn plastic bottles since I didnā€™t have any empty glass ones. I had used them once, washed and seemed fine. I bought two more. Used the two gorilla branded bottles. One smells like kiwi and the other smells like watermelon after a wash. All I can say is grrr and bs. Going to try and waste some vodka and hope that works. Glass all the way from here on out.

1 Like

One of the vendors I bought PG VG and/or flavors had them cheap I should have added them to the kart. Shipping will get me now going back for a few caps.

They do have the caps, but they donā€™t offer 1/2 oz boston rounds, so just for a dozen caps would run about $7.00. Iā€™ll wait and shop around some after payday.

seems a little high $17.32 for 6 x 1/2 oz boston rounds and 12 caps, so Iā€™ll shop some.

Kiwi watermelon flavored vodka sounds yumm, waste not want not

Ok I have a weird bottle story. This is some typical BoDarc unscientific evidence, so please accept it as such. When I was first starting I read all about using distilled water etc. I was washing some used commercial ejuice bottles to re-use and one was a HDPE or LDPE plastic bottle. I washed them all in a hot ultrasonic bath (hottest tap water only). The plastic one I rinsed extra so it seemed clean enough I couldnā€™t smell the previous juice. I ended out pouring some distilled water in it (from a sealed new jug) to have on-hand for mixing if needed ā€¦never used it.

However I found it a couple months later and it had a gelatinous mass ā€¦a rather large one (maybe 20% of the entire volume) ā€¦looked like er mucus. Hereā€™s where a total lack of science enters. It kinda freaked me out and I just tossed it back into the abyss of mixing junk ā€¦a curiosity. As time passed it made me a little paranoid, I didnā€™t even want to open it to flush or pour down the drain.

The idea is, there was enough biomatter left in the plastic bottle/cap to nourish some random cell culture to a reasonable mass. I kept it with the notion I would one day post a pictureā€¦ that day is today. I took a picture and just chucked the whole thing in the trash unopened. The moral of the story is these plastic bottles are disposable. Theyā€™re cheap for a reason.

Iā€™m about to make a bottle buy as I need some plastic bottles. This is a great thread. I am leaning towards some nice USA made bottles. Last notes: hot tap water even in an ultrasonic ainā€™t sterilizing a damn thing. I am not saying we all need to start sterilizing Home DIY lab gear either, this is just something to consider when recycling plastic bottles and not a call to Germicidal Arms :wink: Ok here it is and it is a true story. This appeared in a sealed bottle I washed and refilled with distilled water ā€¦for entertainment purposes only

9 Likes

Yuck!!!

Yeah my
Wash routine is a painā€¦ hot water rinse, rinseā€¦sit with hot tap water. Rinse twice. Then hit tap water dawn soap soak 15min or so. Then rinse rinse rinse until I feel the soap is gone. Then two soaks/ rinse in separate distilled water baths. Then a light over cook session. I knowā€¦we can say ocd a bit.

1 Like

Another 2 months and its hand would have finished forming and it was planning an escape.

6 Likes

I knew it was one of your children!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

TBH she looks like our mailman

4 Likes

@Pugs1970 - where do you get your bottles from (if you donā€™t mind me asking ;-))

1 Like

no I donā€™t mind at all :grin:

Plastic mixing/steeping bottles https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/diy-supplies/4038-100ml-bottles.html

30ml glass dropper bottles https://stormvapours.co.uk/product/30ml-glass-dropper-bottles-w-cp-te-pipette-caps

:+1:

2 Likes

Awesome

• thanks dude :slight_smile:
1 Like

@Rob62 @Fozzy71
EBay usually has the best dealsā€¦

I just ordered the last 12 pack of 1/2 oz amber bottles it came to $8.95 with polycone caps

2 Likes

Looks vapable to me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just fill with warm tap water half way Replace lid
Shake
Empty
Repeat until water is clear

My advice is only re use your plastic bottle once or avoid it completely.

1 Like

May want to cut the INW Loogie back to 10%

5 Likes