What's Steeping Right Now?

My mom is 73. Her husband spends over $300/month on cigarettes, and $200/month on chew. And tonight she said that vaping was probably bad for me. I had to explain to her the tea she just got from Wendy’s was made from the same stuff. She seems to think they have a garden out back and some pimple faced kid is picking and steeping tea leaves in a big kettle behind the counter. She even said they make the lemonade from lemons and me complaining it was way too tart was because they put too many lemons in it. Funny how old people don’t see the shit changing around them.

1 Like

but but there’s a FOX news personality who vapes (skip to 2:20 for the Blu shot!)

2 Likes

As far as I know, cinnamon flavorings should be okay. The dangerous component of cinnamon is coumarin, but I doubt flavoring companies would use that in the flavors. Seeing as the flavors are usually ‘created’ in a lab, I’d imagine they’re safe enough or as close to it as anything else we vape. I wouldn’t vape real cinnamon or a homemade cinnamon extract, and I wouldn’t vape cinnamon flavored liquid all day long, as it can cause some throat and/or lung irritation. Take that for what you will. I’ll keep looking for information, but until I find some hard evidence for not, I’m gonna keep using it cuz I lurvs it. :stuck_out_tongue:

To quote, highlight what you want to quote and either click on the grey “Quote Reply” if you want to reply to just that person, or click on the blue reply at the bottom if you want to do a general reply using the quote.

Hey that’s not funny, that’s me. lololol

That is actually very good to know. I loved Cinnamon in my Nautilus (providing I didn’t overdo it) You just need a nice little dash in there once in a while. @JoJo … you know what Cinnamon I tried that was truly awful brand new out of the mail? Capella Cinnamon Coffee Cake. Bleck! Smells like something they put in Dollar Store Candles.

1 Like

My son calls my rolling cart with drawers for my mixing stuff “Mom’s Mobile Meth Lab”.

1 Like

LOL I’ll have to remember that. I’m not a big in-your-face cinnamon fan, but I do think it brings a little something extra to a lot of bakery mixes. And I love it with Fuji Apple. Cinnamon apple does it for me if I’m needing a cinnamon kick. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been working with this flavor recently and thankfully haven’t had any dollar store results. I even put a couple drops in my coffee :wink:
For CAP CCC I think its got a heavy cinnamon so haven’t used very high probably 2% max as I didn’t want it to overpower. Brings something to the table but I can’t say I’ve used it enough to love it, but haven’t had any complaints at the percentages I’ve used. This is one I haven’t tried as a single flavor yet either.

1 Like

I just uploaded and shared Strawberry Cream Soda

It’s quite yummy! Vaping in a Goliath tank with dual fused Clapton coils at 50 watts.

1 Like

Ha this is exactly what I say except if I’m needing a fruit kick :smiley: Love cinnamon apple especially in vape form. Not a huge fruit vaper I guess, TFA Mango TFA Apple Pie and CAP Double Apple are the only fruits I have in stock. Like to venture and make blueberry muffins…with a little cinnamon of course :wink:

You guys are making me hungry. Stop it! :wink:

1 Like

I just noticed I had Vienna Cream at 6% on that Strawberry Cream Soda recipe. It was supposed to be 3%. I have an app on my tablet I use to calculate and I typed it in here wrong. The strawberry isn’t coming through as well as I would like but I will polish off this 5ml sample in the next hour in my juice hungry Goliath! :laughing:

3 Likes

I never thought of coffee. That’s a very good idea. My husband likes the no calorie flavoring things for his water bottles. I may be able to get him to try it.

There’s “one little note” of something in it that does not agree with me at all, it’s a perfumed thing I may even have an allergy to. When it arrived in the mail I opened the bottle and it knocked my head back with one of those “whoaaa something is not right with that” reactions.

I did put it in a recipe but every time I look at the bottle of it I ask myself if it’s worth the potential of contaminating a perfectly good coil with a flavor I could hate. My kids wont vape any cinnamon at all so I cant even give it away.

1 Like

It happens sometimes, but then again it may come back through after a couple days. One thing I worry about is misjudging a blend. If you don’t let a flavor steep for too long, and then make a big bottle -only to find out it doesn’t taste nearly as good after time as it did the first few days.

2 Likes

That’s no good. I know exactly what you mean. I have TFA Maple syrup, tried as a stand alone and even after a month it was PURE chemical smell, tried it to see and yes it tasted just as bad. Now I haven’t tried w any blends but id love to have a little maple kick.
Gotta try some vanilla cupcake in the coffee its great! Vanilla water maybe not so much haha but some dragon :dragon_face: fruit would probably be delicious

1 Like

Yeah, I am making mental notes right now as I vape it. I would have sampled and waited another week or so, but I just ran out of my favorite retail juice from the LVS. And after tasting this I filled my tank and said hell with it. I am making another 5ml sample as I type this lol. Lets see if I can wait longer to burn it up this time.

I have TPA Maple as well and it has to be used in very low % to be tolerable. I have it at 1% in a Berry Cheese Crepe and it’s a little overpowering. I’ll probably reduce it to 0.5% Everyone around me loves/hates it though because it smells amazing and makes them hungry for pancakes. LOL.

2 Likes

@Maureeenie
There was a scare about cinnamaldehydes a couple years back (or last year? I’m confused), but other than a kneejerk discontinuation of flavors by a couple big vendors followed by a sheepish reintroduction of those flavors, not much came of it. There may be a risk, but the study that prompted the fears was highly flawed.

1 Like