I’ve been using my Atlantis tanks and everything seems to be fine. Seriously thinking about TC BUT I watch a lot of videos where the folks who make a lot of videos say " …now I personally don’t use nickel but…"… so why don’t they use Nickel?
Nickel is a hazardous material frowned upon by the cooking industry. It is believed that if it were used for cookware that the nickel would leech and taint the food. I see no reason to believe that this same thing could not happen to our juice in the vaping industry. This is the biggest reason for most to shy away from nickel…
I have been avoiding it. Coils do get a lot hotter that your stove!
Also, a lot of people are allergic to nickel. I tried it and did not care for it. Could have been a total placebo effect, but I swear it tasted more metallic. I’ve not touched my rolls of kanthal or nickel since switching to titanium and SS. Since the evic mini does both in TC, I haven’t had a reason to look back.
Then heard about stainless steel on this site. Can use in watt mode or tc. Can dry fire to clean. SS is what I have been using (316L)
Actually this is quite true. It’s more common than we think. I know this cause I used to deal with Sterling Silver jewelry. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver. the other 7.5% is a mix of metals which usually contains nickel. You would be amazed at the skin reactions that some people get from wearing the silver even though there is so little nickel in the silver…
Most of the people I know that tried nickel, and myself, say they can taste the nickel. Me tasting it was enough for me to not want to use it…
Thank you, all of you guys!
The first time I used a nickel coil it made me sick as a dog. Now I am not sure if I am allergic or not. But I took a pull off a nickel build on an RTA and it floored me. I felt like I had the spins and was going to faint. I do not recommend using it. I find great success with titanium and stainless. I personally find stainless steel works great for my vaping needs.
I love and use ss316L. The beauty of ss is that you can use it in vw and tc. The resistance is around half of kanthal so take that into consideration when building. Imho it does give cleaner and better taste than kanthal. And you can dry fire, actually they turn really pretty when pulsed
I have worked in the machining business for around 20 years. Most of which was in Aerospace cutting Inconel and other Aerospace alloys having a very high nickel content. The hot chips would pile up around the machine and you could smell the fumes coming off. It was almost enough to make me gag at times. I will never try it in my devices. It’s bad stuff. I don’t know how it found its way into the vaping industry, but whoever came up with it obviously had no clue the problems using nickel could cause. I vape with Ti. I have cut a lot of it as well and never noticed any fumes from the chips. I don’t know if it is 100% safe to vape on. But I never minded cutting it in the machines.
I think most people who vape don’t think about metals. I had bad dental work done years ago that made me understand the danger of having the wrong kind of metal in your body (or around it). Thank you LV!
It is one of the most common, therefore cheapest resistance metals on Earth. Either for this reason or the chinese just want to kill us off slowly. You choose…
Well, I think we did our share of killing them buying all those I-Phones and Dollar Store Bowls. Buyer Beware!