What's wrong with this picture?

there are many threads here and @DarthVapor posted a link to the old software…

1 Like

…and you can flash to any version you like

1 Like

I’m curious. Are you trying to run the triple and quad coils in TC? I ask because I think those are kanthal if they came with the tfv4.

But the behavior you describe is much like I got from my attempts with SS on the cube.

1 Like

AFAIK there aren’t any Ni200 coils. Those that come with it are kanthal, but you can buy TF-Ti which are dual coil titanium (they work OK).

1 Like

They do have nickel as well. I’ve vaped on both the nickel and titanium. They also have a stainless about to be released. But you are correct that the triple and quad that come with the tank are kanthal.

1 Like

Ah yes, TF-N2 Standard Core and TF-N2 Air Core are both nickel - TF-ST2 is SS :smile:

1 Like

Well there you go, and that would explain the odd behavior of my mod. I can’t thank you enough daath and all the other members that enlightened me of this fact. Thank you all! I guess i’ll be looking to get some true tc coils.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I was trying to do. silly me LOL

1 Like

I don’t know how I missed this post. I’m glad nothing bad happened to you.

I didn’t realize the coils were kanthal that came with the kit. As for your experience with ss on the cube, they should work. Smok put out update 1.093 and initially tc wasn’t working on most android because you had to activate the feature through software, which i think is a huge PAIN! but a subsequent update a few days ago, got the feature working on my, and i’m sure a lot of other android phones. then my fails with trying to tc vape on what i found out to be kanthal started. But i do know that ss is now supposedly supported in their latest fw and you must buy the feature (.49 or .99 cents) from the smok app and activate through the app also.

I should suggest not using the app or Bluetooth for anything but to update for wire factors…

I have updated to 1.093 and ss is supported. You activate it through the app.
My experience is as @quitter1 has said. Activate your wires through the app then all other settings are best set on your mod and not through the app at all.
My experience with the app has been sporadic at best so i tend not to use it.

1 Like

Not the Bluetooth mine does it off Bluetooth too

Weird! And it’s 553w as well! That is one crazy looking RDA :smiley:

2 Likes

Were you running SS wire? If so was it 316 or 317’ or something else?

You beat me to that question. :wink: