What's your favorite wire for building coils?

I like the 26gauge(40mm) Kanthal…
I’m currently on dual coils in a WolfCall RDA with 0.5ohm’s.

2 Likes

Heads up for all you temp control wire folks.

We are VERY excited to be one of the first, if not THE first company in the USA to bring you tempered Ni200 Nickel wire. The big deal about tempered nickel wire, is that it is much more firm and resiliant than annealed wire. This means it’s much easier to work with, the legs won’t snap in the terminals nearly as easily, and wicking will be a cinch. In the hand it feels almost exactly like Kanthal A1. We will be carrying 26, 28, 30 and 32 AWG tempered Ni200 pure nickel wire. We also JUST brought on 36, 38 and 40 AWG Kanthal A1 & Nichrome 80.

5 Likes

That is great news, I just did my first build with Ni200 wire and it is very soft.
I will have to get me some of that for sure. I am by far not the best builder out there
but I am pretty confident in my ability. It would be great to get the tempered stuff.
I will check it out immediately.

1 Like

I have that problem with my Dark Horse atty and only with the Dark Horse. I think there may be something wrong with the screw/post/insulator but I haven’t checked it out due to having many others I can use instead. Take a close look and see if something is off-kilter. Maybe you just aren’t making a good wire connection?

I know this is a late reply, but I’ve actually never been on this site before.

Go on ebay and look up a guy named asaju305. he sells wire for kbeevapes and it’s pretty amazing for his prices. he sells whole gauge bundles. 10 spools of 100ft kanthal for 20$. or the same for nic80. 20$!! you cant beat a whole box of wire for 20$. lol i’m not affiliated, it was just a great deal i found.

anyways, a jumping coils does mean that you built your coils too close to the rda side wall. As it heats up, it’s touching the wall cap and heating up the cap itself as well. Jumping resistance doesn’t have anything to do with not pinching or priming your coils or over wicking. It has to do with metal heating up that is unsuspectedly touching something it’s not supposed to. As well, if you screwed down your screws too tight, you could pinch your wire which could do that as well.

Great prices. Thanks for the tip. Setting up my wish list now.

I came across them a little while ago after my problems with Unkamen Ti wire. I purchased some 22g Ti… good wire at a good price. I didn’t visit the store and I sure didn’t know they had all that for sale. I can vouch for the Ti wire tho… they got me back up and running.

1 Like

BEESTRONG coupon code for 15% off.

Sadly, every time I bought from them I forgot my coupon code. lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just started using Nichrome 80. I’m a flavor junkie, and so far, it gave me the best flavor vs SS and Kanthal.

1 Like