What's your preferred pg/vg ratio

I’m pretty new to making my own e-juice and would like your input.What pg/vg ratio do you prefer and is it because using a RDA tank. Just saw a lot of recipes with high vg and was wondering

Sorry probably should have wrote under beginner section but to late now lol

When I make liquid for dripping I go max VG, otherwise I’d say ~60-70% VG is normal for me…

EDIT: No worries :slight_smile: I can always move it :smile:

EDIT2: I think you could even have moved it yourself (changed category)?

Hi Oliver56;

I use 70/30 mainly because it is said that for older persons (hate to admit it) less PG is best for health reasons. For my shop I blend 60/40 for tank users and 80/20 (or complete VG plus the PG Flavors should % be more than 20%) for drippers. I hear in the UK 50/50 is the most popular. For yourself though, this is something you will have to decide for yourself. More VG (VAPOR) or more PG (THROAT HIT). Only you know what you like. You can make use of the ADAPT THIS option to change any recipe to the VG/PG you prefer. Later…

1 Like

When i mix i try to keep it above 70%VG and generally dont go above 20%PG and thats is from flavorings. I am a bit sensitive to PG so i use as little as possible. I only drip so my flavoring %'s are generally pretty low, i dont care about clouds i care about flavor. If i vape a heavy PG juice after just awhile i get an itchy cough and start to get a headache. It could be totally in my head but it is what it is. Many people use high VG for the clouds, i say whatever trips your trigger.

I prefer drippers so its usually 70/30 VG/PG or 80/20 VG/PG.

1 Like

50/50 for tanks, max VG for drippers. Max VG all day since I bought UD Goblin (:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the post it help clear it for me a little. I will just have to try different ones but been using a Nautilus tank so can only go about 40 or 50% vg. Goin to invest in a mech mod and a dripper here soon.

Thanks daath I’m still getting use to site but am enjoying it a lot.

Actually Oliver56 I can personally confirm you can use up to 70/30 in a nautilus without problems. I use 70/30 in aspire products all the time.

1 Like

Is that 70% vg or pg. From what i read not from experience high vg will clog up your atty. But like i said i never tried it.

That is 70% VG. I have found that now that Aspire has released the new BVC coils I have never had a coil fail by clogging. I actually for the first time had the electronics fail after 6 weeks of good strong vapor in a tank with the Aspire BVC coil. Earlier I assumed when you said Nautilus that you were speaking of a Aspire Nautilus. Now you mention a Atty. I’m not familar with a Atty that is not a dripper. If you are talking dripper you’re gonna find that you’ll want to use 80VG/20PG when at all possible.

Let’s just say this. I believe the answer is yes that thicker VG can clog coils in normal tanks faster, HOWEVER, higher heat (voltage) clogs coils a lot faster than thicker VG. It’s doubtful restricting yourself to 50/50 blends is gonna to extend the life of your coil SIGNIFICANTLY. It’s actually more likely that heat combined with the sugar in your flavoring is the biggest contributor to clogging coils. Ever cook preserves on the stove. All that sugar and heat from the pan form a shellac like substance on your pan. Same principle with your coil.

If you use Aspire’s new BVC products you may not ever get a clogged coil. Then you just have to worry about the Electronics failing or Flooding Fail (too much voltage or running dry then burning your wick material can cause that)

Sorry I used fatty wrong but I was talking about the aspire nautilus. When use high vg do you use water to thin the juice. If not do the bvc still wick alright with the thick juice.

meant atty dang phone put fatty

1 Like

There no need to thin the VG, that would defeat the purpose of a thicker VG. As for use of DISTILLED WATER, never tap, I have never used it in my recipes. Recipes that I have seen it used in always deduct from the PG side of the mix. Now I want to stress to you Oliver56, you have to decide what blend you prefer personally. Just because I use 70/30 and Freddie down on Elm Street prefers 60% VG and 40% Blood Orange Favor (PG) doesn’t mean this is for you. Remember your flavors are PG based unless you buy them specially in VG. My suggestion to you is to blend up a ONE simple recipe in 60/40 and 70/30. If the throat hit does not seem enough for your taste then try a 50/50 blend. Remember though, as you raise PG and get the throat hit you lose vapor, as you raise VG you lose throat hit and gain vapor. This is why it’s such a personal preference. Once you have decided what VG/PG blend you prefer for yourself, then you can get down to doing some real blending. Good luck…

1 Like

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is the flavor change … My experience is PG carries flavor better than VG, so my highest VG mixes don’t carry the flavor as well in my aspire tank as in my dark horse atty. But the CLOUDs… oh my. So, I have to use more flavor usually when I do max vg mixes. Anyone else find this to be true?

That’s another problem with tasting juices in a little clearomizer in my local b&m shop… I can’t taste 99% of the flavors they have. If I ask for a little drip on my own mod’s atty (not all shops will allow this) , I can taste the flavors all day long. So, I wonder if there’s a better way for shops to sell juices. Maybe a testing dripper bar or something… .hmmmm?

I’ve been mixing 70/30 pg/vg…I use very little flavouring and I get great results, however I have been noticing some irritation and congestion so I think I’m gonna back off the pg to 60

Hi Alisa; Yes would be nice to see a dripper bar. It’s probably economics. Drippers do burn up the juice faster. Many people are not satisfied with a few drops as you are. I went to my friends Vape Shop today to test a few new creations today. Get this, one guy is tasting one of the juices and he’s clouding up the whole place (not a small place), clouds surrounding his head, clouds coming out of his nose and mouth, and says, “I can’t taste anything”. Cource the next guy could taste it, as did we all. Maybe that one out of a hundred is why. Isn’t that always to case.

I see no reason not to allow a few drops on a dripper BY REQUEST if the vendor has some 0mg nic already made up for tasting which they put in their tasting tanks. After all the bottle would already be open. I feel that would be good customer service. One thing we have to remember when we walk into any store, we usually are dealing with employees and not the owner. Employees rarely have the freedom to give samples or other nice jestures which in some way cost in profits. It’s so sad sometimes.

2 Likes

I talked to another well experienced equipment man today and he does agree that VG is a contributor to clogging tanks but whether it’s any worst than some of the other factors I don’t know. Hears something else I found out today. Vapeing equipment is designed to be used with liquid made in China. In China they use as little VG as possible. I’m talking to the extremes in PG. We just don’t care for the high PG levels here. I still stand by the Aspire equipment. If you compare the BVC coil to the old BDC you can see physically they enlarged the hole where the juice flows in and as far as I can see have eliminated coils clogging up quickly…

2 Likes