When do you taste test?

I have never seen this work unless it was horribly weak in flavor, but only with some flavors, not all.

I agree completely!

1 Like

You want to figure out whatā€™s doing it, hereā€™s howā€¦ make up a 10ml (or whatever) with base and the correct amount of Black Licorice. Make a second 10ml batch with base and the correct amount of Eucalyptus. Go through your normal shaking, rockin, and a rollin. then see which one separates. May be wrong but I suspect the Eucalyptus rather than the Black Licorice. Once your done you have even amounts that you can mix together and portion will be correctā€¦Truth be told I have a black licorice and menthol blend I do and will eventually have to buy more Black Licorice. This means I have to figure out what a good replacement for VS or name of the week Nicotine Labs Black Licorice. Soooo. I have a interest in this test as well. How does the Black Licorice taste from FW? Does it taste like Anisette the Liqueur or that nasty Black Licorice candy in store?

3 Likes

Im wondering if it is the combination of the two, ive mixed them both in other mixes without any issues. The volume of liquid that separates looks to be about 10% of the total solution.

I took pics but uploading to imgur is too slow right now and the pic are way to big to post here.

It tastes just like ā€œnastyā€ black jelly beans, hehe. I lubs them. I prefer a mix of horehound and anise but i wanted to get rid of this stuff without dumping it.

2 Likes

I was just about to ask thatā€¦even though I have yet to hear anything, is it possible the two flavorings just donā€™t get along for some reason causing it to break? I know in cooking there are somethings when put together can cause a reaction breaking vinaigrettes and that, I just havent heard this about e-juice?

Harrumph! I love that nasty Black Licorice candy in store! ; )

1 Like

Iā€™m lookin for a anise/licorice that is similar to Pernod and I have yet to find one but I suppose an absinthe would be the closest? idk havenā€™t tried Absinthe yetā€¦besides LA anise the ones I have tried are more candy which I love licorice candy but for some reason I canā€™t take too much of it in a vape.

I gave that a thought but I would still try the single flavor test to be sure. Also consider this, it could be gas bubbles and not oil like bubbles. Consider the off with the cap steep overnight and see if it still does it (maybe try this first)

1 Like

Both FA licorice and anise are fantastic. The anise is very punchy and Pernod-ish. It took me a while to get a recipe down for this combo. Iā€™m the same way as you about this flavor, I love it, but the mix has to be correct for an all day vape. This is what I came up with:

I love, or at least used to, love Anisette Liqueur on the rocks. The colder the better. Black Licorice Candy just does not compare Harrumph, Harrumph!! Now you done it, you made me double Harrumphā€¦lol

What is Pernod? Is it like Anisette? If so Nicotine Labs Black Licorice is Spot On. They are affordable for the average joe but too high when buying for a shop. I prefer to find a substitute if I canā€¦

1 Like

Its a higher end French spirit thatā€™s more toward the Absinthe side then the sweet Anisette/Sambuca liqueur side

2 Likes

Oh well, I triedā€¦Sounds like we both have a bit of a search aheadā€¦

2 Likes

You could try adding a tiny bit of saline. I think sodium is an emulsifierā€¦might help them blend together. As for the mixing thing, vortexing works greatā€”centrifuging is what you need to stay away from to keep from causing separation.

3 Likes

SPINNER!!! Hahaha~ Dijon Mustard is also a great emulsifierā€¦ohā€¦waitā€¦wrong forum;)

2 Likes

Absolutely. The very best you can get is Absinthe (DV)!

1 Like

Would you consider making a DV thread and putting some of the ā€œmust haveā€ flavors which they make? I might spend the money to get them shipped over the pond!

2 Likes

Iā€™d be interested as well. :smile:

1 Like

Ill give it a try, yelling it at certainly hasnt worked at all.

3 Likes

Oh manā€¦if that worked, all my problems would be solved!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard/thought about doing this to make the flavors ā€œpopā€. It makes sense to me, I mean you season your food so why not a juice? Im assuming 1 drop per like 10ml? And there has to be a down side to this right? Otherwise it would be done to ā€œseasonā€ every juice.
Also, any saline? Seeing that the majority I believe are pharma type grade? I havenā€™t bothered using any of the things like this, ie citric acidn, saline, etcā€¦just plain old nic, vg, flavors but salineā€¦hmmm

I had some of the same thoughts awhile backā€¦I wound up not using it because it was said to gunk up coils really quickly. Youā€™d want to use the plain saline solution for contacts (NOT the all in one cleaning stuff) or the baby nasal spray type stuffā€¦anything as long as it is just saline.

1 Like