Which CAP and TFA/TPA flavors

It is a very weak flavor and unfortunately you have to use a lot. Maybe you’re right and that is why. I have always wondered if some flavors had EM added to them. There are those that mute other flavors just like EM does. Could it be that EM is added and that’s why they also mute other flavors. Kinda makes ya go Hmmmmm…

I am 90% sure some flavors have EM in them because I have read on the facebook DIY page of people getting flavors from the vendor with crystals floating in them and then when they email the vendor they tell them it is just EM crystals and will go away by heating or mixing the flavor.

2 Likes

I agree, taste wise. I use it for the ripe smell and compliment it with another strawberry. In the past that was Sweet Strawberry (CAP) but i have since moved on the Strawberry (MF).

1 Like

TFA has a chemical breakdown for most of their flavorings.

For SB Ripe:

http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/componentlist.aspx?sku_search=222R95

1 Like

I really enjoy sweet strawberry think it is a good flavor I did go ahead and get Wild Strawberry by Inawera on my last order. Sweet Strawberry does seem to lack a little something hoping that will fill out the flavor. The MF is a little rich for my blood unless I really want a flavor that I can’t anywhere else like blueberry :-p

1 Like

hmm it is weird I haven’t had any problem with vanilla swirl so far and it has Maltol in it as well according to the website.

1 Like

I hear ya, they are an investment but you use so little that it makes them worth it. In one of my strawberry custard mixes i use Strawberry @ .3% and compliment it with 3% SB Ripe (TFA) for the smell i like.

I got Wild SB INW at the same time i got the MF, never even opened the INW.

That’s rude, can’t even make sure the EM is dissolved in the flavoring. So what company is this we should be avoiding?

Says it contains Maltol. Wonder if this is the same as Ethyl Maltol (EM)…

1 Like

I am kind of excited about Wild Strawberry from what I have read it is suppose to be strong and pretty darn good. I am pretty sure it is TPA it did get shipped across the pond so there is that. I am not a 100% sure what company though it was a post of facebook I didn’t really keep track of it just noted in case I had trouble with flavors later.

Ripe Strawberry says it has up to 10% Maltol and describes it as cotten candy. Vanilla swirl only has .5% i am thinking that is why i haven’t noticed it in that flavor

2 Likes

They are pretty much the same thing as far as i can remember.

EDIT: Taste wise that is.

1 Like

Go very light with this flavor. 1 drop to 10-15mls with another strawberry. Treat INW Raspberry the same way. These two are super potent but very good when mix right.

2 Likes

Is AWESOME when mixed with Sweet Raspberry (MF). I also used it in concert with Raspberry (MF) and Strawberry (TFA) when i was trying to make a Thimbleberry flavoring, it still eludes me. People up in the UP will understand what Thimbleberry is, one of my favorites from the raspberry family.

BTW did you notice that TFA is not selling aroma and flavor molecules? Im considering order some to see if i can complete the Thimbleberry flavoring.

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-88-aroma-and-flavor-molecules.aspx

1 Like

I will be careful I read some of Amy’s post about diluting it I am pretty excited about it. Is INW Raspberry any good? might get Sweet Raspberry(MF) and INW Raspberry if they are true.

1 Like

Im one of those that almost always mixes two diferent fruit flavorings of the same kind, i quite like INW Rasp but LOVE Sweet Rasp (MF) so of course they had to go together.

Keep in mind that MF are real fruit extracts, they taste exactly like the fruit they were extracted from. Sometimes they smell isnt quite strong enough which is why i oft compliment them with other companies flavorings.

I so have to hold off lol I should buy something for my kido this Christmas I don’t think the 3 year old appreciates flavors yet but it is in my future!

1 Like

I’ve never looked into the aroma side of TPA. You’re really going beyond my limited diy knowledge. It would be very interesting to see how this is achieved.

1 Like

Beyond my knowledge as well but i like to push boundaries. I have a pretty strong chemistry background tho so now it is just a matter of research on dangers and how these chemicals work with each other. Looks like Ill be spending some time over at /r/deeper_diy

1 Like

Thanks for the input everyone! I really appreciate it

1 Like

This is actually subjective because of the numbers on the recipe pages. As my first order was tpa and I know a lot save those pennies to start up.
the best flavors may be the ones with limited results. I know some of the FA have a TON of recipes then others not as many. I agree with looking for your guys suggestions over the popularity of ingredients in recipes.

and agree with @ringling that FW capt crunch is great!!! love it in cereal and berry desserts.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!! Like in school spend as much time researching credible information as you plan on putting effort into mixing. So A TON of research, but REALLLYY pays off to take the time to do

2 Likes